Schon, How Long? Cue Refinish/Resto/Shafts

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Anyone here ever deal with Schon cues for a refinish or repairs and new shafts for their cue? Whats a normal/reasonable turn around time for a refinish with some minor repairs and a couple new shafts? If the cue was a vintage cue would that make any difference? Any experience with them?
 
I sent my Schon back to Milwaukee last year, about 13 months ago. I contacted them first, asked how they wanted it packed and shipped. It's a small shop, they really do only have a select few cue makers working there. They gave me an estimate of 2 to 4 weeks at the time and that was for a refinish, new irish linen wrap and to fit a brand new Schon shaft to it, with the taper I wanted. I can tell you now, they will only offer their Schon custom tip. I was really happy with the end result. It came back looking fantastic. They hit the estimated time frame. I received the cue back roughly 3 1/2 weeks from the day I sent it in.

I very much recommend them for refinishing your Schon. The price I will keep private. I would suggest you contact them directly for an estimate. I will say that he was happy to see my cue back in the shop as it was marked apparently as one of the first he had made of that particular model.
 
Thanks for the response... I'm glad you were happy with the result...I happen like their tips too...

I sent my Schon back to Milwaukee last year, about 13 months ago. I contacted them first, asked how they wanted it packed and shipped. It's a small shop, they really do only have a select few cue makers working there. They gave me an estimate of 2 to 4 weeks at the time and that was for a refinish, new irish linen wrap and to fit a brand new Schon shaft to it, with the taper I wanted. I can tell you now, they will only offer their Schon custom tip. I was really happy with the end result. It came back looking fantastic. They hit the estimated time frame. I received the cue back roughly 3 1/2 weeks from the day I sent it in.

I very much recommend them for refinishing your Schon. The price I will keep private. I would suggest you contact them directly for an estimate. I will say that he was happy to see my cue back in the shop as it was marked apparently as one of the first he had made of that particular model.
 
Back
Top