Schon mid 90's with OB-2 and two Schon shafts

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've wrestled with this long enough and I'm putting this beauty up for sale.

It's from the mid 90's and includes 2 Schon shafts with "Schon 13" on the collar, and a pristine Schon jointed OB-2 with at least 75% left on the original Everest tip.
One of the original Schon shafts has a slight bow. Rolling on a table though the tip never leaves the felt. This small amount of bow is perfectly acceptable for playing and I've played with shafts with more warp and never noticed any effect on my play.
All of these shafts are in excellent playing condition without any dings or scratches. There is some chalk blueing on the Schon shafts but the OB-2 was purchased by me and I never use blue/green chalk and it's in almost new condition.

The butt is one of the most original Schons I've seen. I've never seen another like it and I've not been able to find it's model number. I'll let the pics do the talking. There are a few small ding's/bubbles on the butt, but no damage to the wood. The Irish Linen wrap is in unbelievably good shape. So good I wonder if it's even the original wrap. If not, whoever installed did a top-notch job.

Overall I'd call this cue a solid 8.5. I'm not interested in any trades and will take $700 obo.

0202.jpg

0210.jpg

0211.jpg

0212.jpg

0201.jpg

0200.jpg

0199.jpg

Last edited:

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
In the pics, the ob2 doesn't appear to be any bigger than the Schon shafts and ob2's are 11.75mm. What are the actual diameters of the Schon shafts and the butt weight?

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the pics, the ob2 doesn't appear to be any bigger than the Schon shafts and ob2's are 11.75mm. What are the actual diameters of the Schon shafts and the butt weight?

Hi oneshotwiss, thanks for your interest.

I checked these shafts today and the shaft on the middle of the third pic (with a little more chalk blueing) just barely fits in the 12.5mm hole of my diameter guage. The other Schon shaft does not, and fits in the 13mm hole with about .25mm to spare.

I don't have access to a scale, but when I got this cue it came without a bolt and the bumper was just sitting there unsecured. I installed a 1 OZ bolt and nut to secure the bumper. It is not hot-glued and can easily be removed. I believe the cue with either Schon shaft weighs in at around 19.75-20oz, a little less with the OB2.

Last edited: