Scoring units

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking for options to keep score (other than beads) for straight pool. . Please show what are using. Thanks

Last edited:

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're using an Apple iPhone there's an app called Score 14.1. I don't play 14.1 (7' table) so I can't tell you much about it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you're using an Apple iPhone there's an app called Score 14.1. I don't play 14.1 (7' table) so I can't tell you much about it.
need a physical score keeper.... dials, maybe beads. Just looking for ideas.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pad and pencil? Chalk board? As mentioned, app on a tablet?

I’m confused. What’s hard here?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pad and pencil? Chalk board? As mentioned, app on a tablet?

I’m confused. What’s hard here?
Let me be more vague. I'm setting up a home room and looking for decorative or antique scoring units/beads. I might simply string a set of beads across the room.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Looking for options to keep score (other than beads) for straight pool. . Please show what are using. Thanks
I use this one.

Mine is the top color to match my table. There are other vendors, that one is random from google and for sure you can probably find it cheaper. It's china quality for sure. I ordered one and the scoring decal had been cut with a razor blade, even though I opened it with my fingers, so it was a return that had been sent to me. Amazon sent another out and let me drop that off at a kohls for return with free shipping. They sent another out the same day I started the return process. I opened the new one and it was missing a screw and the brass pieces were crookedly cast, so I swapped them with the old one I was returning and got the screw too.

So between two, I made one good unit that works well, but the quality control on them is terrible. You might get a perfect one, or two messed up ones. If you get a good one, it's an attractive unit that works very well.

Tlchas

The antique brunswick score panels are very hard to find and crazy expensive. I ended up making this, chalkboard back and bead set. We use it for so much at the table I couldn't imagine not having it now.

Attachments

• IMG_20191229_160503.jpg
    IMG_20191229_160503.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 168

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The antique brunswick score panels are very hard to find and crazy expensive. I ended up making this, chalkboard back and bead set. We use it for so much at the table I couldn't imagine not having it now.
Very cool! You did a great job with that, you should be proud. I'm the dude that likes the oddball "money balls", the snakeskin 9, the striped 8, etc so if I had one like this, I think I'd like to add a groove in the top to store the money balls that weren't in use.

Tlchas

Very cool! You did a great job with that, you should be proud. I'm the dude that likes the oddball "money balls", the snakeskin 9, the striped 8, etc so if I had one like this, I think I'd like to add a groove in the top to store the money balls that weren't in use.
There is a ball mount up there. It's where I keep my signed balls. Needing a signed cue ball from Efren but they are tough to find.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a ball mount up there. It's where I keep my signed balls. Needing a signed cue ball from Efren but they are tough to find.
Nicely done. I have the beads, wire.... will see what I can come up with. Might simply suspend them or create a unit like you did.

Tlchas

Nicely done. I have the beads, wire.... will see what I can come up with. Might simply suspend them or create a unit like you did.
I didn't like the wire in this type of deal for the beads.. not enough distance between ends so I used 3/16 brass rods. Works great.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happiness was playing partners Go for the hit Odd Ball on a Sat afternoon for a “buck a way".

Last edited: