Sold Scruggs Player

Sold Item

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have for sale a handsome 4-point Scruggs player with 3 shafts.
  • The butt is lacewood, not sapele, into birdseye maple.
    • The points are black-dark blue-light blue-dark blue from the outside in.
    • The butt rolls straight and true.
    • Stainless 3/8 x 10 Acme pin.
    • 15.2 oz with weight bolt.
  • Shaft 1- 4.1 oz 13.2 mm. Has a slight taper roll, but the tip does not leave the felt.
  • Shaft 2 - 3.8 oz 13.1 mm. This shaft is straight.
  • Shaft 3 - 3.1 oz 11.8 Predator Z-shaft. Has a slight taper roll, but the tip does not leave the felt.
  • Shafts 1 & 2 have natural ferrules.
I'm selling the entire package; I will not part it out. Price dropped to $1900 obo.

I had to resize the pictures to upload. PM me for better pics.
Scruggs_Overview Resize.jpg
Scruggs_Point Resize.jpg
Scruggs_Joint Resize.jpg
Scruggs_Butt Resize.jpg

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Awesome Player with super feel and action. That is how to describe cues with that joint or all Tim's cues really. Mike Webb used to be able to insert shafts with nylon also Phillippi said he could tooo for this pin. So if you have a favorite shaft they can make that happen.
Nice Cue.
What weight is it.
Nick :)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Awesome Player with super feel and action. That is how to describe cues with that joint or all Tim's cues really. Mike Webb used to be able to insert shafts with nylon also Phillippi said he could tooo for this pin. So if you have a favorite shaft they can make that happen.
Nice Cue.
What weight is it.
Nick :)
Yes Sir
I usually do phenolic. Acme taps are very common to be a 2 piece tap set up or one long tandem tap which is like 2 taps in one. I have the 2 piece set up which is better.

pillage6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mr. Webb, how go things? I might start playing again and traveling, glad to see you're still around doing cue repair and pissing people off.

Neil Fujiwara