Secure Your Spot For 9-ball Classic March 5-6 2005

mrsboss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to overwhelming responce the fields will be cut off at 64 for men and 32 for women. Call us now to save your spot in this tourney. Mens first place is Guaranteed at least $1000 . Womens with a field of 20 is guaranteed at least $500 to first place. 336-992-3148 or 336-414-5392 or 336-414-5201.
http://timeoutsportsbar.us
 
mrsboss said:
Due to overwhelming responce the fields will be cut off at 64 for men and 32 for women. Call us now to save your spot in this tourney. Mens first place is Guaranteed at least $1000 . Womens with a field of 20 is guaranteed at least $500 to first place. 336-992-3148 or 336-414-5392 or 336-414-5201.
http://timeoutsportsbar.us

this may be a dumb question, but since this is a barbox tourney, will the players actually have to put 50 cent in each time?? i was at a tourney once where this was done. just wondering if the tables will be left open, or if each game must be paid for?

thanks
 
vapoolplayer said:
this may be a dumb question, but since this is a barbox tourney, will the players actually have to put 50 cent in each time?? i was at a tourney once where this was done. just wondering if the tables will be left open, or if each game must be paid for?

thanks
Hey Va,

That seems to be common in the Carolinas and Tenessee for bar box tournaments. I played a tournament this past weekend in Chattanooga, Tn. It seemed simple enough. $20.00 entry fee and $1,000 added. Turns out to be a race to 9, split quarters. Each match ended up costing about $4.00 in quarters (and that's just at .50 cents per game). Of course, I lost my first match. I played 5 or 6 more matches on Saturday and 1 match Sunday before I got beat out, and didn't even finish in the money. Around 8 matches total for a green fee of around $32.00. It was a fun tournament, but I do wish the bar table events around here would have green fees instead of making players split quarters. But I can see why they do it. With a 64 player field racing to 9, double elimination, there's no telling what they make in quarters.

Mike
 
time out

:D Mike; question??? are you going to open tables??? or use quarters????? OLD MAN STICK
 
stick8 said:
:D Mike; question??? are you going to open tables??? or use quarters????? OLD MAN STICK
Stick,

You are right. It makes them alot of money. But the people who went 2 and out or 3 and out all paid 12.00 or less. Thats over 1/2 the field. I would rather them charge a $15.00 green fee. I don't think they would make that much less money. That way, you don't have to worry about carrying $10 worth of quarters in your pocket each match, or searching through your pocket after every game to get a quarter out. Several times during the tournament, my opponent ran out of quarters and had to go to the bar and get change. This took 10-15 minutes sometimes and it really disrupted the flow of the match (I guess you could use that to shark your opponent if you wanted to).

Getting out quarters, putting them in the slots each game, going to get change. Those things takes time. The tournament matches could have probably ended several hours earlier than they did on Saturday night if we could have just went to the end of the table with balls already in the pit and racked after each game.

If there are two tournaments on the same weekend, I know I will opt to play the one with the green fee instead of the one that makes you pay quarters. I don't know how many players agree with me, but making players pay quarters might end up costing room owners money in the longrun because of players opting to play "green fee" tournaments.

From a business standpoint, you are right. Paying quarters is more profitable for the room owners. But from a players standpoint, there is quite a bit of aggrivation that goes along with "pay quarter" tournaments.

Are you gonna be at the $10,000 added Viking tournament in Duluth at the end of February? I'll see you there. If not, I know I'll see you at the Smokey Mountain.

Mike
 
Hey Mike

Mike Templeton said:
Hey Va,

That seems to be common in the Carolinas and Tenessee for bar box tournaments. I played a tournament this past weekend in Chattanooga, Tn. It seemed simple enough. $20.00 entry fee and $1,000 added. Turns out to be a race to 9, split quarters. Each match ended up costing about $4.00 in quarters (and that's just at .50 cents per game). Of course, I lost my first match. I played 5 or 6 more matches on Saturday and 1 match Sunday before I got beat out, and didn't even finish in the money. Around 8 matches total for a green fee of around $32.00. It was a fun tournament, but I do wish the bar table events around here would have green fees instead of making players split quarters. But I can see why they do it. With a 64 player field racing to 9, double elimination, there's no telling what they make in quarters.

Mike

Yes we do charge for the games..it cost you 25 cent a game, but we add 1000 dollars, and feed you for free...do the math, its not a bad deal, plus we stay open all night for those seeking action...hope you change your mind and give us a try!! Thanks, DeAnna owner of Time Out
 
Quarter Confusion

vapoolplayer said:
this may be a dumb question, but since this is a barbox tourney, will the players actually have to put 50 cent in each time?? i was at a tourney once where this was done. just wondering if the tables will be left open, or if each game must be paid for?

thanks


Do a little math with me...if every match goes the full 17 games, and you have to play 8 or 9 rounds to win ...it has cost you about $18.00 total, because you are only paying 25 cent a game...just a little to think about. We don't care about making money on this...just want some good pool. My husband and I pay the added $1000 and for the food out of our pocket just to get some real pool players....hope you can make it for the pool tourney!!
 
Back
Top