Seeking info on 20 year old Viper Platinum

deejaymaxx

New member
I have owned this Viper Platinum for around 20 years. I have been trying to find shafts that will fit this, but I cannot identify the joint pin. None of the "usual" culprits (ie: unilock radial, speed joint, 5/16-14, tiger, etc.) match the thread pattern and length on my Viper. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
IMG_20240310_113234041_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240308_122139356_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240310_113215672_HDR.jpg
 
I think the quick release joint in Viper's current "Elementals" line might be the same. Not sure but look very similar.
 
I have the exact same model Viper Platinum. Got it recently, and it took me a little while to figure out the pin. It is a Turbo Lock pin, and I have come to learn that very few manufacturers make cues or just shafts with this pin. Here is a nice page on Seyberts where you can see the Turbo Lock at the bottom:

Joints by Manufacturer

And here is another page where showing TurboLock:

How to identify your cue joint

Let me guess, you are looking, as am I, for a full size shaft, because the shaft you have is about 4.25" shorter than a standard length shaft! As it turns out, there are some Pure X models that have a Turbo Lock joint. I have also found on eBay Pure X Turbo Lock shafts only.

So, I really like the look of this cue, but can't play it out as it is. I may eventually pay $200 for a Pure X Turbo Lock shaft and hope that it fits well. I've also considered paying a pool cue maker to make a shaft with the pin insert and rings from mine.

Did you find any info since you posted a couple years ago?
 
Back
Top