Selling a cue-should I keep it original or get it refinished?

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I have a blackboar cue that I am not using and might consider selling. The cue has a broken butt cap ( a piece of it was sliced off). It ( buttcap ) has no cracks and no ringing when being used.

A few info about the cue: It is a plane jane cue with diamond inlays on the butt(?ivory). The joint is stainles steel and has a white irish linen wrap. Ferrule material is ivory and the cue has a few areas of nicks/dings.

Would you guys sugest to have it fixed by tony or just sell it the way it is? It is not a high end cue so I thought that I might be losing money on getting it refinished, but, at the same time, I am not even sure how much it is worth.

Thanks for all the help.:)
 
pinoyincalgary said:
Hi,
I have a blackboar cue that I am not using and might consider selling. The cue has a broken butt cap ( a piece of it was sliced off). It ( buttcap ) has no cracks and no ringing when being used.

A few info about the cue: It is a plane jane cue with diamond inlays on the butt(?ivory). The joint is stainles steel and has a white irish linen wrap. Ferrule material is ivory and the cue has a few areas of nicks/dings.

Would you guys sugest to have it fixed by tony or just sell it the way it is? It is not a high end cue so I thought that I might be losing money on getting it refinished, but, at the same time, I am not even sure how much it is worth.

Thanks for all the help.:)
If you've got a potential buyer who've seen your cue and wouldn't mind having it original, then be it. Otherwise you gotta refinish it if the buyer asks for it. Refinish or not, that of course affects how much you fix your selling price. Bottom line is, whatever agreement is all up to you and the buyer. JMO.
 
PLEASE SEND US A LINK TO THE AUCTION WHEN YOU LIST IT.

LEONARD WHO HIT THE WRONG BUTTON AGAIN and was to lazy to redo
 
Back
Top