Seminole Tournament in California

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did manage to get by California Billiard Club yesterday to watch some matches.
It's been a long time since I'd seen the likes of Pagulyan, Duell, Strickland, Hundal, Morris, Parica, Bartram, Ulrich, Ellerman, Dominguez (x2) and many other great players and shooters in a tourney here in California. It was a very nice atmosphere and Earl was on his (pretty good) behavior. I was a little surprised to see Earl and Rodney missing as many shots as they did, but I guess it might been quite a few factors....(long distance travel, unfamiliar tables, tight pockets, etc.) ....I stayed just a couple of hours and saw some great pool, but couldn't stay all the way for the finals (supposedly at 11 pm).
...and this morning I was surprised to see that Mitch Ellerman had won the 10-ball competition. I guess I just don't know enough about him, but I had expected one of the bigger names to take it down. I think he beat Raj Hundal in the finals, so he must have been shooting lights out.....when I saw Raj beat Earl, he was playing real smooth.....
 
CA and the west coast in general has a lot of very strong players and it is a shame for the players and the fans that you guys don't get more big tournaments in that area. Kudos to the Seminole Pro Tour for branching out west to give us all a great tournament.

I watched the stream all weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some uncharacteristic misses but I think the most of that was simply the tight (tighter than tight) tables. Given the tightness, I actually expected to see more misses than we did. I saw one match where Rodney wasn't on his game at all and I don't think it had anything to do with the pockets. He was just off and we all know that can happen, even to the best. I believe it was his match against Jesse Engle. They both missed quite a bit. Jesse might not ever get that many chances against Rodney in another match, it is a shame he couldn't capitalize on that and get that win against Rodney under his belt.
 
Back
Top