Shaft Diameter A Little Wider Than Butt. Affect Play?

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Hi all,

Hope you people are enjoying your day.

As mentioned in topic, will a thicker shaft diameter when screwed into cue butt affect play at all? Just a little thicker than the cue but's joint. I'm wondering.
 
It should not affect play but if it is too big it will look funny.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
 
How much is a little?

Thousands of an inch is small. Millimeters are huge

Most reputable cuemakers can do this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
 
Last edited:
How much is a little?

Thousands of an inch is small. Millimeters are huge

Most reputable cuemakers can do this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I don't have a digital caliper though. Ohh, millimeters are considered huge. Okay. Mine's like around 0.5 or maybe 0.3mm protruding out.
 
I don't have a digital caliper though. Ohh, millimeters are considered huge. Okay. Mine's like around 0.5 or maybe 0.3mm protruding out.

Ok that is better I had some wild images in my head.

No problem for any good cue maker.

Accepted differences (tolerances) between parts of a cue are measured in thousands.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
 
Back
Top