shane no show

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
They discussed all of this last year.

It went something like this :

"Ok, look. I know it sounds crazy, but we're thinking about getting rid of Ralf, and putting you back in the tournament, but if we do, next year you gotta bow out before the Semi's. You know, just don't show up for a match, or go on a bender. You'll figure it out, Remember, what happens in Vegas.....Keeps happening in Vegas"

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Technical difficulty preventing chat...

Its over Shane screwed up. I find it amazing that no one has the capability to explain why there is no chat associated with the stream?:grin-square:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
phrl12s.gif

Nice! I love the show The Game and I am bummed this is the last season for them:(

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So was the time changed or not?

If it was, how come CSI didn't have the courtesy to mention to the players affected that their scheduled match times was changed.

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Of course, a year ago, SVB was eliminated in 5th place and a few hours later found himself in the final at the US Open 8-ball, so miracles are possible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is priceless. :D

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why such a passive method as changing a board, and hoping the right people read it correctly?

Why not notify affected players directly, by text, email, and phone, and require a response, thus making sure the players know their times have been changed?

There are few enough changes; an active notification system requiring a player response should be no problem for organizers, in fact it should reduce problems associated with missed matches and the attendant forfeits.

Of course, as an alternative tournament TDs could issue each player a caddie, wife, or mom, to get them up in the morning, make sure they eat a hearty breakfast and brush their teeth and wear a warm sweater, and get off to school or work on time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The most baffling thing to me is WHY no one called or texted shane or other players involved ... more importantly shane should have verified his time start regardless....

Now if the event changed the time schedule... then they should have at least called the players who were to play to verify times & then there wouldn't been any problem... pretty stupid on all the parties involved.... I'll bet shane won't have this happen again... & maybe other players won't either

Some of the comments here are really showing thru how people feel toward players... just saying some of the comments are pretty lame!... interesting non
the less... lol

This is not like the incident in Florida where they changed the time of Corey Deuel's
match AFTER he read the board.
Shane MISREAD the board and apparently is blaming no one but himself.

There is nothing wrong with CSI's process here...there's a board to be read.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why such a passive method as changing a board, and hoping the right people read it correctly?

Why not notify affected players directly, by text, email, and phone, and require a response, thus making sure the players know their times have been changed?

There are few enough changes; an active notification system requiring a player response should be no problem for organizers, in fact it should reduce problems associated with missed matches and the attendant forfeits.

Of course, as an alternative tournament TDs could issue each player a caddie, wife, or mom, to get them up in the morning, make sure they eat a hearty breakfast and brush their teeth and wear a warm sweater, and get off to school or work on time.

Or if all that fails slide him in a vacated spot

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
The most baffling thing to me is WHY no one called or texted shane or other players involved ... more importantly shane should have verified his time start regardless....

Now if the event changed the time schedule... then they should have at least called the players who were to play to verify times & then there wouldn't been any problem... pretty stupid on all the parties involved.... I'll bet shane won't have this happen again... & maybe other players won't either

Some of the comments here are really showing thru how people feel toward players... just saying some of the comments are pretty lame!... interesting non
the less... lol
Woo hoo !
Y'all need to jump on this guy.
I believe he may be the first fan to post on this thread.
Did I mention he thinks your comments are lame ?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any word on why Justin Hall forfeited his first match? It was a Wednesday 10am match.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not like the incident in Florida where they changed the time of Corey Deuel's
match AFTER he read the board.
Shane MISREAD the board and apparently is blaming no one but himself.

There is nothing wrong with CSI's process here...there's a board to be read.

I'm just wondering how is it CSI had no problam finding Shane when he was eliminated after 2 losses to come back to step in Ralfs forfeited spot to play Ko ,
I'm more than sure they have his cell phone number

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love how people are bringing up last year that they believed CSI cheated for Shane - and they only believe that because they're unfamiliar with two-stage tournaments - when this year's changing times on Shane and then forfeiting him disproves their assumption.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love how people are bringing up last year that they believed CSI cheated for Shane - and they only believe that because they're unfamiliar with two-stage tournaments - when this year's changing times on Shane and then forfeiting him disproves their assumption.

What else could they do? The computers eventually get fixed. Would the computers have broke if Orcullo was late?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What else could they do? The computers eventually get fixed. Would the computers have broke if Orcullo was late?
If they're so in the bag for him that they cheated last year, like some people think, they could have simply rescheduled the match for later.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hold on thier skippy ,, first off those rules are not concrete and there have been times where those slots could not be filled do you think everyone or team hangs around to see if thier is going to be a forfeit so they can get put back in a turney , I hardly think so and iv played in bracket tournys and had walk overs it happens all the time , it wasn't the World Cup in case you hadn't noticed , Shane got put back in against someone who thought they had no match who begrudgingly played the match anyway the reason was because it was a streaming match and thier was money to be lost plain and simple
It's funny how they had no problam finding Shane then but in this case he's no where to be found I would bet a dollar to a penny he's on the speed dial of CSI
So this only brings more questions than answers

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they're so in the bag for him that they cheated last year, like some people think, they could have simply rescheduled the match for later.

Reschedule the match for later? That is a good plan and I like the way you think. But there needs to be an excuse as to why their match time has changed that puts the blame on someone else.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe you are bit slow
How about this hypothesis- Shane being thrown under the bus to disprove last year shenanigans ? :thumbup:

Hmmmm you may have a point . Extending forfeit time is uncommon . In Darren's case it was not extended
I may be wrong
:grin-square: