Shane's draw break

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iirc, Chinese 9 ball requires 4 ball tp pass head sting for it to be legal. Opponent can choose to re break if deemed illegal. 3 consecutive illegal break is a lost of 1 rack

KS25-06

I do not play in tournaments for the very reason of CS refs. I do not see how any one could call Shane's break soft. He scattered balls all over the table and made one in the corner pocket. Soft Break my rear!!!!!

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I do not play in tournaments for the very reason of CS refs. I do not see how any one could call Shane's break soft. He scattered balls all over the table and made one in the corner pocket. Soft Break my rear!!!!!

I agree. Shane's draw break is not a soft break at all. But my speculation and what I think some don't like is any kind of CONTROLLED break. Where a player can control that the 1 ball ends up in front the the upper right pocket and the cue ball lands with a shot on the 1 ball and where the cue ball is rarely hit by another ball, giving the player one easy run out after another.

The refs and the tournament organizers would likely never admit this, but that is what I think is going on behind the scenes.

_______

eg9327

Anyone who insists on no soft breaks is a crybaby anyway. "Gee. Somebody is using physics and strategy against me in a game ALL about physics and strategy. Waaah! No fair!"