SHARKS “Internationals v Philippines” Series- SVB, Chang JL, Appleton take on Philippines (From 8 Sep)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since July, Sharks 9 Ball Manila has hosted number of long race matches (10 ball and played over 3 days Race to 63) between international players and Filipinos
July
David Alcaide beat Dennis Orcollo 63-59
Carlo Biado beat David Alcaide 63-50
August
Ko Pin Yi beat Dennis Orcollo 63-60
Ko Ping Chung beat Jericho Banares 63-56

So far, it is not looking good for the Philippines as Internationals lead Philippines 3-1 with Dennis losing 2 consecutive matches (albeit by tiny margins) :LOL: It is not looking any easier for Philippines as big names SVB, Chang Jung Lin, Appleton are descending on Manila soon.

UPCOMING MATCHES
SVB

Jericho Banares vs SVB (8-10 Sep)
Johann Chua vs SVB (15-17 Sep)
Dennis Orcollo vs SVB (22-24 Sep)

Chang Jung Lin (Likely from Oct)
Baseth Mocaibat vs Chang Jung Lin
Carlo Biado vs Chang Jung Lin
Dennis Orcollo vs Chang Jung Lin

Darren Appleton (Likely from Oct)
Antonio Lining vs Darren Appleton
Francisco Bustamante vs Darren Appleton

FREE STREAM
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/Sharks9Ball
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sharks9ball/

svb.JPG

changjl.JPG

appleton.JPG

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not familiar with Baseth Mocaibat. He doesn't seem to be in the AzB database. FargoRate has him at 786, but it is an "unestablished" rating because of low robustness.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to Tsahng vs anybody. Haven't seen much of him since the whatevers in LV. He avoiding the drug screens? :D

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang. The Taiwan guys used to all be on a Youtube channel called Orico Pool and that's how the commentator pronounced it. I guess it's a local street drawl. Tsahng Oon Leen as best I can spell it. There's also a more formal I'm guessing Mandarin pronunciation, Tsahng Long Lin. The two older Kos were Kuh Bin yi, and Kuh Bin Tsong.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not familiar with Baseth Mocaibat. He doesn't seem to be in the AzB database. FargoRate has him at 786, but it is an "unestablished" rating because of low robustness.

Been around for some time. Here he is playing Origin Cup final vs Dennis
I wish all pool matches have ring girls :love:
Looking forward to Tsahng vs anybody. Haven't seen much of him since the whatevers in LV. He avoiding the drug screens? :D

Tot you were drunk or typing Tibetan lama name 😆

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 1
Johann Chua vs SVB
(Race to 63)
3 days (Sep 15-17)

This is SVB 2nd matchup (He won 1st match over Jericho Banares 63-51)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know for sure exactly where these matches are being played? I can't find a pool hall in Quezon City named Sharks. But one of the sponsors of the matches is Hard Times Sports Bar in Quezon City. Is the Sharks room/table at Hard Times?

theattendant

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know for sure exactly where these matches are being played? I can't find a pool hall in Quezon City named Sharks. But one of the sponsors of the matches is Hard Times Sports Bar in Quezon City. Is the Sharks room/table at Hard Times?
One of the streams I saw had them answer this question. They said Sharks is just at a broadcasting station and is not a pool hall or anything like that. It's just this one table set up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the streams I saw had them answer this question. They said Sharks is just at a broadcasting station and is not a pool hall or anything like that. It's just this one table set up.
yep. just a one room streaming studio. they may have a practice table too. not sure on this.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now
Dennis Orcollo v Lee Van Corteza v Jeff Ignacio (Race to 40) 10 Ball

This match is Dennis prep for his big 'date' with SVB this Thu-Sat (22-24 Sep). Race to 63 , 10B :LOL: