Sharpshooter Cue lathe

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good enough for tip replacing and polishing butts and shafts?

1683684482530.png

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
would NOT recommend it..... do a search on AZ and even google....choose wisely.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those wheels will leave marks in the finish. On the whole those "lathes" leads to more problems than they fix imo..

Zerksies

I was interested in getting one for tips changes, But I don't changes tips enough. So I'll guess I will stick with doing it by hand.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I have the drill based one. Works great for tip replacements and cleaning. You MUST wrap the part that will be in the wheels with a thick layer of low tack masking tape. probably 1/16" or so to protect the shaft. It will mess them up. They include a piece of clear tubing for this, but it just slides off and is worthless. Tape and common sense and they are a decent thing.

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the drill based one. Works great for tip replacements and cleaning. You MUST wrap the part that will be in the wheels with a thick layer of low tack masking tape. probably 1/16" or so to protect the shaft. It will mess them up. They include a piece of clear tubing for this, but it just slides off and is worthless. Tape and common sense and they are a decent thing.

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if I replace the roller with this bearing, insert a plastic collet on the shaft and insert the shaft and collet into this bearing? The bearing has screws that you can use to center and tighten the collet to the shaft.

1683814536039.png

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if I replace the roller with this bearing, insert a plastic collet on the shaft and insert the shaft and collet into this bearing? The bearing has screws that you can use to center and tighten the collet to the shaft.

View attachment 699489
Pillow block bearings are nice.
You can use anything you want to use
IF
You can make it work properly for you. Everything starts with imagination!