Shaw 714 DVD

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my knowledge, the exact pocket specs for the 714 table were never clearly revealed either, in terms of the pocket mouth measurements and even more importantly the pocket facing angles. Seems like the table was conveniently disassembled very shortly after the record run, to prevent the possibility of an accurate measurement of the pocket specs to be confirmed by a neutral party.

What I'm saying is that if we are to compare runs, a lot could be gleaned from John's video about how "legitimate" his equipment was.

People have said some balls went during Jayson's run that might not have gone on many other tables. OK, fair enough. But before we go talking about how legit or not our table was, let's all see how John's table played -- let's see the video of his run and what kind of shots went that might not have gone on many other tables.

I have said many, many times that our event was not about John's run but people keep bringing his run up and attempting to make comparisons. That's the only reason we're talking about it now. Our run is out there. You want to compare apples to apples, where's John's video?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The run has nothing to do with Mosconi, these are two different eras. It should be based on today accepted standards. I think the pocket size is only one aspect, maybe the least.

The balls, cloth and rails would be bigger factors. Running balls in the average a pool room in the 1950s was a chore. Running balls was no bargin back then. Just getting through racks was work. Today's tables overall I would say are actually easier.

Thank you for your input.

Lou Figueroa
dooley noted

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to the guy that owns the table the other day. I'm going to try to go play him some at his place and I'll measure the pockets. I'd like to buy the DVD, if there are still some available?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to the guy that owns the table the other day. I'm going to try to go play him some at his place and I'll measure the pockets. I'd like to buy the DVD, if there are still some available?
There’s no telling what revisions may or may not have been made on the pockets since the record run.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the guy that set it up and I really doubt they changed anything on it but I’ll ask him.

lol, nothing was done to the table but nowadays you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a conspiracy theory.

BTW, I also know about the guy who set It up and I’ve heard that it’s in Springfield, MO…. Danny Harriman’s backyard. If so, I hope he gives running some balls on it a go.

Lou Figueroa

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is in Springfield, Mo and I hope we can talk Danny into giving it a go. I doubt he bites on that though. He seems to be playing mostly billiards these days.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I'm saying is that if we are to compare runs, a lot could be gleaned from John's video about how "legitimate" his equipment was.

People have said some balls went during Jayson's run that might not have gone on many other tables. OK, fair enough. But before we go talking about how legit or not our table was, let's all see how John's table played -- let's see the video of his run and what kind of shots went that might not have gone on many other tables.

I have said many, many times that our event was not about John's run but people keep bringing his run up and attempting to make comparisons. That's the only reason we're talking about it now. Our run is out there. You want to compare apples to apples, where's John's video?

Lou Figueroa
More deflection and dissembling. You didn't answer his point but instead deflected to John Schmidt. Everything slides off you. We should call you "Slick Louie."

What ChrisinNC said was "the exact pocket specs for the 714 table were never clearly revealed either, in terms of the pocket mouth measurements and even more importantly the pocket facing angles. Seems like the table was conveniently disassembled very shortly after the record run, to prevent the possibility of an accurate measurement of the pocket specs to be confirmed by a neutral party."

How about you respond to that?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Bobby owns several successful businesses -- I don't think I'm giving much away to state that he is a millionaire several times over.

So before you go trashing his business acumen I gotta ask: how 'bout you? What are your business credentials?

Lou Figueroa
I can only suspect he has very little confidence in the value of this product now or into the future. The price keeps going down.

You can deflect all you want, but you guys have mismanage this thing from the start and now you've driven the product down to the point of worthless.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for this input. in those rare occasions i open this (like all straight pool record related, very contagious) thread this is what i want to read. haven't bought the run yet, saw it on the live feed(s). how was the commentary?
Jayson was just telling his basic thought on why he played the shots the way he did. I liked that as I am a student of the game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More deflection and dissembling. You didn't answer his point but instead deflected to John Schmidt. Everything slides off you. We should call you "Slick Louie."

What ChrisinNC said was "the exact pocket specs for the 714 table were never clearly revealed either, in terms of the pocket mouth measurements and even more importantly the pocket facing angles. Seems like the table was conveniently disassembled very shortly after the record run, to prevent the possibility of an accurate measurement of the pocket specs to be confirmed by a neutral party."

How about you respond to that?

We posted pictures with calipers, we're selling video of the whole run, and the table was sold so it had to be disassembled for transport to MO.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only suspect he has very little confidence in the value of this product now or into the future. The price keeps going down.

You can deflect all you want, but you guys have mismanage this thing from the start and now you've driven the product down to the point of worthless.

Suspect al you want, lol.

Lou Figueroa
where's my dead cat...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

middleofnowhere

Registered
Suspect al you want, lol.

Lou Figueroa
where's my dead cat...
For the record, I made a post post # 6 saying I thought it was a fair deal at $125.00. At that point it was up to the public to vote with their wallets as to it's worth.

You didn't even give it a chance. There seems to have been no plan. Now you may have missed the boat on actually capitalizing on this.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the record, I made a post post # 6 saying I thought it was a fair deal at $125.00. At that point it was up to the public to vote with their wallets as to it's worth.

You didn't even give it a chance. There seems to have been no plan. Now you may missed the boat on actually capitalizing on this.
Wrong and again you don't know shittttt just speculating. I'll update ya to satisfy your needs as a STALKER. We don't have many left. Jayson can sell the videos for whatever he wants too.Now does this upset you or do you feel satisfied since you now know the facts? We will all see you comment again because you need to and on any new threads so everyone can look back at this posting to know I'm correct and you are a Stalker.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Wrong and again you don't know shittttt just speculating. I'll update ya to satisfy your needs as a STALKER. We don't have many left. Jayson can sell the videos for whatever he wants too.Now does this upset you or do you feel satisfied since you now know the facts? We will all see you comment again because you need to and on any new threads so everyone can look back at this posting to know I'm correct and you are a Stalker.
So are you saying you have sold almost all 714 of the original packages for the $125.00 offering? If so that is great. Just say so.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So are you saying you have sold almost all 714 of the original packages for the $125.00 offering? If so that is great. Just say so.
Thats Jayson's business not anybody else's. I'm just here to help him. You can ask him but I seriously doubt he wants a stalker.