Shaw vs Hatch 10 ball and Anton Raga

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
hatch has a higher gear than SHAW, is that a wind up?

few people have said that so where is this gear? where did he show it? is ther any vids of this? Jayson has torched a world champ in under 25 mins and almost beat svb in race to 100 going unconscious for bout an hour in teh second day?

hatch is goood but no gear compared to shaws

remember when Dennis tortured Appleton in a 10 ball race to 100?

2strong4u

Banned
I had the opportunity to watch Dennis play 3 yrs ago a money match with a local A player! Dennis gave him the last 3 or 4 and 5 games to 15! I watched the whole match, Dennis miscued on shot where he was totally jacked up on the middle of the table and he missed 1 ball( rattled it) the entire match! I'm sure if his tpa would of been 990+!

Not saying that has never been done, but for the cash, I think he is a stone cold killer at the table! That was by far the best match I've ever watched in person or on video, and I have seen a lot!!! Even efrens 9 or 10 pack on busty does NOT compare! The only match I can think of that gets close is the one that I played and,,,uh,,,well,,,yeah anyway;)

Sounds like him... giving 3 games to an A player means nothing when you are a pro. You might have a man crush..just sayin.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hatch has a higher gear than SHAW, is that a wind up?

few people have said that so where is this gear? where did he show it? is ther any vids of this? Jayson has torched a world champ in under 25 mins and almost beat svb in race to 100 going unconscious for bout an hour in teh second day?

hatch is goood but no gear compared to shaws

Agree with all of this. I've never seen anything from Hatch that makes me think he can match Shaw at his best.

Stories about him missing one ball all day, and playing perfect pool, are nice and all, but they're just stories. There are stories like that about a lot of players.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Agree with all of this. I've never seen anything from Hatch that makes me think he can match Shaw at his best.

Stories about him missing one ball all day, and playing perfect pool, are nice and all, but they're just stories. There are stories like that about a lot of players.

Sorry to say Jack, some of the stories are true! Dennis is/was one of the strongest players I've ever seen. No one liked playing him for the cash. NO ONE!

Lyn

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I think all Dennis did was dominate the Joss Tour for like a decade straight. I've never seen a video of him playing super elite upper echelon pool like many are describing. I've also watched him play in person multiple times. They both have a little dog in them when things aren't going their way but I think Shaw would still win.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I'm thinking

hope this game happens, sounds like both players think their winning and they have backers who also think the same

oh and didnt hatch beat appleton 100-88? not really a torching and that was while ago, very surprised darren lost that match ill give to hatch there
appleton has a poor gambling record as far as im aware of
i wouldnt back him however think he is top 5 in world tourneys

2strong4u

Banned
hope this game happens, sounds like both players think their winning and they have backers who also think the same

oh and didnt hatch beat appleton 100-88? not really a torching and that was while ago, very surprised darren lost that match ill give to hatch there
appleton has a poor gambling record as far as im aware of
i wouldnt back him however think he is top 5 in world tourneys

Appleton now is significantly better than then. He's a big favorite against either Hatch or Shaw in anything involving a pool table.

Hatch had issues that interrupted him in his prime. Then because of the state of the game he didn't travel to play everybody and everything. For the past few years it's obvious that his pool career window is closing.

Shaw has everything going his way and the pool world is there for him.

Hopefully opportunity grows so all the top players have a reason to improve and showcase their talents. I'm glad I don't play pool for groceries...takes more heart than I have.

liakos

Banned
Sounds like him... giving 3 games to an A player means nothing when you are a pro. You might have a man crush..just sayin.

Perfect example of the teacher pointing to something and the student looking at the finger;) I don't care about the weight!! He missed 1 ball! Man crush or whatever you want to call it;) but I guess you think the pros do this kinda thing all the time(and only miss 1 ball)!

I mean think about it, he missed 1 ball in a race to 15! Ya know, thinking about it I see your point! Hatch sucks! I mean there is no way that even remotely he could even think about having a fair chance against him! So what should the line be,,,,race to 50, Shaw spots Dennis the breaks, ball in hand, and the 4 out? Maybe Dennis has a chance, but he better play good because if he misses more than once,,,,,,,;)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool has to be "statisticed" like in cricket, baseball etc. There has to be database of win-loss, H2H and introduction of ratings like ELO rating.
There is too much cherry picking, use of selective performances and subjective partial opinions when gauging the overall speed of a player. Most pros have their highs and superlative performances once in a while and too often that short burst of incredible performance is extrapolated to put these pros on highest pedestal. I am afraid that is not good enough. What separates the 1st tier world class players from rest is their consistency but more importantly, their ability to take on and beat the 1st tier.
:D

2strong4u

Banned
Perfect example of the teacher pointing to something and the student looking at the finger;) I don't care about the weight!! He missed 1 ball! Man crush or whatever you want to call it;) but I guess you think the pros do this kinda thing all the time(and only miss 1 ball)!

I mean think about it, he missed 1 ball in a race to 15! Ya know, thinking about it I see your point! Hatch sucks! I mean there is no way that even remotely he could even think about having a fair chance against him! So what should the line be,,,,race to 50, Shaw spots Dennis the breaks, ball in hand, and the 4 out? Maybe Dennis has a chance, but he better play good because if he misses more than once,,,,,,,;)

I can tell you don't play strong enough to understand what 'm gonna say, but I will give you some insight. I broke and ran 7 racks of 9 ball on a 9 foot gold Crown, high straight pool run of 138 and broke and ran 12 racks of 8 ball on a Valley 7 foot bar box. You know what? There is a lot of people I wouldn't play with the 7 out.

It doesn't mean anything when you spot people big weight when you are light years apart in ability. I spot guys the 5 out who aren't nearly as far apart from me as the Hatchetman is to an A player. I spot guys 5 games to 2 sometimes because I know if I mess up or the play great to win the first game, they still gotta win the second. Give up break with ball in hand...and hey why not a hand width to move the cueball anytime they want. None of it matters sir because people don't know what they don't know and can't do what they can't do. Pool is a game that you progress in and only fully recognize how far you are after you get there. Honestly the more i play the game the more I know how much I still can learn.

I saw Hatchet man play Russian Kenny a year or two back at SBE. Kenny had breaks and ball in hand and had to get to or make the 9 to win. Hatch won with the 3 and out. They tried to play a 10 games ahead match. After a couple hours it was even and they quit. Handicapping is a real art form. Guys that know how to do it can make games you think you can't lose. It's part of the game you have to learn if you are going to gamble.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I would say anyone wanting Dennis will be able to empty out if this happens.... Shaw has already won a world championship in a cue sport and is only getting stronger... Hatch beat a very different Appleton several years ago and Darren would be a huge favorite now....