Sherline lathe beds, base plates, tailstock FS

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 15" Sherline lathe bed, a 24" Sherline lathe bed, aluminum plates under each, and a tailstock assembly for sale. The plates are about .465", both sides surfaced. Each plate has two sets of mounting holes for 1/4" cap screws. The mounting holes are 50 mm apart.

I used the beds set up in sequence on my CNC router for turning. The headstock was mounted to the 15" bed, all tailstock travel happened on the 24" bed. The screws that originally came with the beds are still installed and used to fasten the beds to the tapped holes in the plates. The tailstock has a dead center in it. I will include an allen wrench for tightening the tailstock to the bed.

SOLD

SherlineBeds.JPG

Last edited:

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious about this regarding the head stock mount. My understanding is Sherline matches the lathe bed to the headstock with a custom made key to ensure perfect alignment. What are you doing with the key?

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious about this regarding the head stock mount. My understanding is Sherline matches the lathe bed to the headstock with a custom made key to ensure perfect alignment. What are you doing with the key?
I'm using it with my headstock. I have another short length of lathe bed I'm still using.