Shooting with Mike Lambros?

Jerry Yost

NO MORE CTE
Silver Member
Deno,
I often see you on the web speaking out is support of Mike's cues. Do you still shoot with a Lambros?

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jerry,

When Lambros made the prototype for the Ultra joint he brought it to Chicago so that I could try it out and give him my opinion. In front of him, and several other people I set up the three balls in one corner and shot each of them 11 rails...and they cam to rest in pretty much the same way they were set up, but in the opposite corner :) Then I played a little straight rail and made several very soft shots, and then some very small straight rail masse shots where the cue ball travels only three or four inches, but makes very sharp turns to get around a ball. What struck me as interesting about the cue was the fact that the cue felt the same way in my hands for each shot. That was something I had never experienced before.

I took the cue apart and told him that it was mine now :), really! We soon had an endorsement deal in writing that lasted for a couple years (this was in the early or mid 1990s). After our deal ended, there really wasn't any use in renewing as we both quickly learned that most carom players don't have a problem spending $30,000 on a Persian rug, but would never think of spending $500 on a cue stick, let alone $1500+ for a Lambros. I played with that cue until he needed it for his patent submission, or hearing (something like that). That cue was the best playing cue I have ever had, and I have used a lot of cues before that. When he sent me the replacement, I knew in my mind that it would not be as good as the original, so I didn't play for about two weeks (in protest of course). Finally, I started playing with it and it played exactly like the first one...so much so that I don't think I could have told the difference between the two as far as hit. I still have that cue and it is my only playing cue for billiards. I will say this though, I have no problem with him keeping my name and quote on his page because what I said is the absolute truth. I have a large collection of cues, of which 40% are carom cues, and not one of them comes close to his cue.

So I have been playing with his cue for more than ten years, and I doubt very much that I will ever play with anything else. If I knew more about pool, I would probably comment on how well I think his pool cues play because I have used one before, and thought it was great.

Deno

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deno J. Andrews said:
Hi Jerry,

When Lambros made the prototype for the Ultra joint he brought it to Chicago so that I could try it out and give him my opinion. In front of him, and several other people I set up the three balls in one corner and shot each of them 11 rails...and they cam to rest in pretty much the same way they were set up, but in the opposite corner :) Then I played a little straight rail and made several very soft shots, and then some very small straight rail masse shots where the cue ball travels only three or four inches, but makes very sharp turns to get around a ball. What struck me as interesting about the cue was the fact that the cue felt the same way in my hands for each shot. That was something I had never experienced before.

I took the cue apart and told him that it was mine now :), really! We soon had an endorsement deal in writing that lasted for a couple years (this was in the early or mid 1990s). After our deal ended, there really wasn't any use in renewing as we both quickly learned that most carom players don't have a problem spending $30,000 on a Persian rug, but would never think of spending $500 on a cue stick, let alone $1500+ for a Lambros. I played with that cue until he needed it for his patent submission, or hearing (something like that). That cue was the best playing cue I have ever had, and I have used a lot of cues before that. When he sent me the replacement, I knew in my mind that it would not be as good as the original, so I didn't play for about two weeks (in protest of course). Finally, I started playing with it and it played exactly like the first one...so much so that I don't think I could have told the difference between the two as far as hit. I still have that cue and it is my only playing cue for billiards. I will say this though, I have no problem with him keeping my name and quote on his page because what I said is the absolute truth. I have a large collection of cues, of which 40% are carom cues, and not one of them comes close to his cue.

So I have been playing with his cue for more than ten years, and I doubt very much that I will ever play with anything else. If I knew more about pool, I would probably comment on how well I think his pool cues play because I have used one before, and thought it was great.

Deno
After this statement, I think Mike owes you some money. :D