Short stops

CHIEF1

Registered
9balldiva said:
Jax has a ton of them. Harleys, Bankshots, Park Ave, Solids and Stripes, Six Pockets, Riggsys, Rack' em Up & Hookah, Dekes, 1st Coast, Corner Pockets, and UBC...

They called Larry...Johnny!!! You should come back through here. All the guys you knew are probably ALL still around. Harley is still around (fun guy), Larry...I can't think off the top of my head, but I am sure you know a good handful of the guys!
Wow,that is alot compared to then,I played Johnny Ross and Harley both afew times,I played Johnny Floyd a whole bunch and at that time they had 1 billiard table but only a handfull of players,good times

9balldiva

I play like a girl
Silver Member
yep...

CHIEF1 said:
Wow,that is alot compared to then,I played Johnny Ross and Harley both afew times,I played Johnny Floyd a whole bunch and at that time they had 1 billiard table but only a handfull of players,good times

Johnny Ross is still around, and still the same funny, drunk character he has always been. he doesn't play much anymore though. I know he is on a league team!!! Imagine that. It is Masters league though. I am not familiar wth Johnny Floyd, unless that is Johnny Ferber, Gainesville Johnny, aka Ferber, the chickenman...

I think back when, there were only 2 or 3 spots to play.

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
I don't know anything.. but I think "short stop" is just a term, that different peoples have different terminologies for. It's slang, and in your hood "bad" means "bad" and in mine "bad" means "good".
If I described someone as a short-stop - I would be implying that person was a strong player, but wasn't quite good enough to go pro., cash alot, and get alot of top 10 finishes.
Tommy Kennedy isn't a short-stop (IMO). He's down here right now, doing pretty good against all of the short-stops that are playing in his tournament (at Beyond Billiards in Davie FL).

As far as Efren getting beatin by alot of Phillipinos, I can phathom it - but I doubt it. And Bust beating Efren consistantly, I'd doubt it... I mean, if I'm wrong then all of my money is up for grabs.

thebighurt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ironman said:
It has been prety common knowledge that there a few over there who beat Efern. I've further heard from some pretty good sources, that Bustamante gives Eferen the "7" and they practice for like $50.00 a game. They say Eferen rarely wins.

Congatulations, this is by far the funniest thing I have ever seen written on here. Your sources are for shit!! Are you guys serious? The other guy says there are 10 guys in the Phillipines that can beat Efren. I guess that is why Efrens wins the overall title for the Asian tour and wins the majority of the tournaments in the Phillipines. Forget the fact that Bustamante can't beat efren even but Efren is a GOD over there. Do you think he would be taking the 7 from Bustamante for $ 50 a game in front of the people that idolize him ? Think about what you are going to write before you write it next time.

thebighurt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This coming from the guy that thinks Bustamante gives Efren the 7. Wake up ironman you don't have a clue!