Should More Than One Master Player Be Allowed On A League Team ?

Should A League Team Be Allowed to Use More Than One Master in Regular League ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Hello all,

Interesting situation...

Currently, our BCA handicap league has a team that has more than one Masters Players on it.
The team also has eight rostered players. So they can legally field a team in Las Vegas (provided everyone makes the minimum amount of games).

My understanding is that BCA rules state that only one Master can play on an open team in Las Vegas.

So, should a league team be allowed to have more than one Masters in a local league, in order to make it to Vegas, when all but one of them won't be able to play for that team when they get out there ?

Should a league team be allowed to 'stack the deck' ?

EDIT: The league has a playoff to determine who wins the trip to the Nationals in Las Vegas.

The Masters players all have a significant amount of games in already. One is currently one match away from meeting the minimum amount of games to qualify for playoffs.

Last edited:

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
interesting question. I agree with you, if only one can make it to Vegas, then what's the point? What does the LO have to say about this?

Perhaps he/she is on the roster, but don't plan on playing often?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no i don't think it should be allowed for the reason you stated.

now is it allowed at the local level ? that is strictly up to the lo.

one of my biggest gripes about bcapl is how they have a " hands off " policy on how a local league is ran. as mr. griffin stated on here one time. .. lo's can run their leagues any way they want as long as the dues are paid.

that is why i much prefer apa or napa. you have 1 set of rules and 1 format that applies at both the local and national level.it has never made much sense to me why you play for points at the local level and then you play "real" 8 ball at the nationals.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i guess this proves what i have always said about this forum.

whenever an issue arises about bcapl all you hear is crickets. if it was an apa issue you would have 500 posts by now .

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
i guess this proves what i have always said about this forum.

whenever an issue arises about bcapl all you hear is crickets. if it was an apa issue you would have 500 posts by now .

That is funny. :grin:

To stay on topic, I don't play BCA, but it seems to me that you should play league sessions under the same rules as Nationals. Certainly regarding who is eligible to play

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
I think it's fine, because in our area the local results don't give you a trip to Vegas.

Edit: Just noticed your edit.. that's what I get for being half awake. If that's the case, no.

Last edited:

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
Currently, our BCA handicap league has a team that has more than one Masters Players on it.
The team also has eight rostered players. So they can legally field a team in Las Vegas (provided everyone makes the minimum amount of games).

My understanding is that BCA rules state that only one Master can play on an open team in Las Vegas.
That's not correct. Here's a screen grab of BCAPL tournament regs from 2013.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 200

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
That's not correct. Here's a screen grab of BCAPL tournament regs from 2013.

At one point, I remember seeing or reading that only ONE Master Player could play for an Open team.
Thinking back, it may very well have been Advanced Players I read about.

But it seems that currently there can be NO Masters playing on an open team, then.

And the players on the team in question are Masters.

One or zero MP's, the question remains...

Should a league team (handicap league) be allowed to fill the roster with Master Players, if those Master Players are not able to play for that same team in the Nationals ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the poll results so far are interesting.

what is real interesting is who one of the voters are and which way he voted. :thumbup:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is funny. :grin:

To stay on topic, I don't play BCA, but it seems to me that you should play league sessions under the same rules as Nationals. Certainly regarding who is eligible to play

funny but true.:wink: