Signing Cues

JA062669

New to Cue making. Trying to Sign signature on white Juma butt cap with Pigma Micron 01 pen. Can't get it to not smear when trying to seal over it.
Any help?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
First, let it air dry for 24hrs before putting anything on it, if still doing it, try a quick wipe of CA over it, usually the ink doesn't smear, as there are no solvents in it like most finishes have. Your mileage may vary...

R2PQZ

New to Cue making. Trying to Sign signature on white Juma butt cap with Pigma Micron 01 pen. Can't get it to not smear when trying to seal over it.
Any help?
I have my best luck with pencil. If it was good enough for Herman Rambow it is good enough for me.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Sign it on wood somewhere. It won't run after it dries a couple minutes and it won't look funky like your signature is the main event of the cue.

IMO signatures are just right if you have to look for them a bit to find them but once you do they are easy to read.

And they should be small.

R2PQZ

Any help?
Remembered another possibility. Try a craft store or hobby shop and pick up some gold leaf. It will leave a fine line. Lay on cue and sign over it with a ball point pen.

R2PQZ

Remembered another possibility. Try a craft store or hobby shop and pick up some gold leaf. It will leave a fine line. Lay on cue and sign over it with a ball point pen.
Black carbon paper could work also. Haven't tried it yet.

R2PQZ

Sign it on wood somewhere. It won't run after it dries a couple minutes and it won't look funky like your signature is the main event of the cue.

IMO signatures are just right if you have to look for them a bit to find them but once you do they are easy to read.

And they should be small.
Some woods have grain that call for the Where's Waldo approach.