Silicone rubber carom grips

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am interested in buying the following silicone rubber grips in the order listed below (or a suitable replacement) for my 3C cue without having to order them shipped from Europe. Clear or white would be preferable. I am not interested in grips that will add 1 oz + to my cue.

I am curious to try a light weight grip to see if I like it and would prefer a translucent grip that will show the wood in my cue. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

HANBAT SILICONE GRIP - white - 12-14 grams

BALL TECK SILICONE GRIP - white - 12-14 grams

MILANO TEXTURED SILICONE GRIP - white - 18 grams

View attachment 366025

Yura Ra has 'clear' grips, you can cut them you know! To just have a 8" piece where you hold your grip on the butt.

Number13cfan

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am interested in buying the following silicone rubber grips in the order listed below (or a suitable replacement) for my 3C cue without having to order them shipped from Europe. Clear or white would be preferable. I am not interested in grips that will add 1 oz + to my cue.

I am curious to try a light weight grip to see if I like it and would prefer a translucent grip that will show the wood in my cue. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

HANBAT SILICONE GRIP - white - 12-14 grams

BALL TECK SILICONE GRIP - white - 12-14 grams

MILANO TEXTURED SILICONE GRIP - white - 18 grams

View attachment 366025
pretty cue...:thumbup:

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use the ball teck for a while, the most transluscent i've found. Very nice grip , thin , but pain in the arse to install (like many silicon wraps) . Hanbat is very similar , milano the worst of the 3 IMHO.

all 3 are easy to break if you bump the butt on an edge, so ... buy 2 or 3 to have a little reserve :)

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use the ball teck for a while, the most transluscent i've found. Very nice grip , thin , but pain in the arse to install (like many silicon wraps) . Hanbat is very similar , milano the worst of the 3 IMHO.

all 3 are easy to break if you bump the butt on an edge, so ... buy 2 or 3 to have a little reserve :)

Thanks for your reply. I would be glad to try either the Hanbat or Ball Teck grips. The Kozoom Store is the only place I have seen either of them. I would prefer to buy from somewhere in the USA if possible. Where did you purchase yours?

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply. I would be glad to try either the Hanbat or Ball Teck grips. The Kozoom Store is the only place I have seen either of them. I would prefer to buy from somewhere in the USA if possible. Where did you purchase yours?
kozoom (europe here)

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 IBS transparent silicone grips from Yura and tried one out yesterday. I was very pleased to see that the weight is the same as the Hanbat and Ball Teck grips weighing only 14 grams.

The grip is fairly transparent with an appearance similar to frosted glass as you can see in the image below. Compare the image to the first one in this thread for comparison. The grip took a while to apply as I had read it would.

My initial impression is that I like the feel of the grip. It is tacky without being too tacky. Only time will tell if I will like it better than having no grip or wrap at all. As this is my first experience with a rubber grip, I have nothing to compare the IBS product to. However, at only $5 per grip and $5 for shipping, it strikes me as being a great value.

View attachment 367382

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 IBS transparent silicone grips from Yura and tried one out yesterday. I was very pleased to see that the weight is the same as the Hanbat and Ball Teck grips weighing only 14 grams.

The grip is fairly transparent with an appearance similar to frosted glass as you can see in the image below. Compare the image to the first one in this thread for comparison. The grip took a while to apply as I had read it would.

My initial impression is that I like the feel of the grip. It is tacky without being too tacky. Only time will tell if I will like it better than having no grip or wrap at all. As this is my first experience with a rubber grip, I have nothing to compare the IBS product to. However, at only $5 per grip and $5 for shipping, it strikes me as being a great value.

View attachment 367382

I've gone back an forth using grips or no. I've settled on using them. You won't be disappointed with the IBS quality. They last a long time. Lot longer than most. BTW I cut mine in half. Its rare my hand is off the grip. I'll have to get one of the clears. If I can only find this Yura guy:wink:

I had a clear one from Longoni. Talk about hard to get on!!! A true test of patience. Whole lot thicker and heavier too.

dblcross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the Caudron invisible grip from Kozoom. It is the easiest grip I have ever used. Simply wet it with water and dish soap and slide it on and leave it alone over night. it sets up firm, tacky and great.

Last edited:

Mitch

Registered
Mazin, This is Mitch in San Diego,College Billiards ( Pedro's room)
Do you know where we can buy the textured( waffle) grips that are made in Korea???
Pedro likes them, so do I & other players.
Thanks

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mazin, This is Mitch in San Diego,College Billiards ( Pedro's room)
Do you know where we can buy the textured( waffle) grips that are made in Korea???
Pedro likes them, so do I & other players.
Thanks

Search Amazin Billiards and give him a call. He's available that way.
Waiting for him to come here might take a few days or a month.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Ive often wondered why use these things, im told for better grip but...... I dont understand the need for extra grip