Slightly warped shaft..the effects?

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an old Viking Cue that I have been using lately that has a 5/16 x 18 piloted joint and the shaft for it is slightly warped..not unplayable but noticeable when rolled together on the table (bowed at the taper). I have been shooting with it for about 3 hrs yesterday and 2 hrs a couple of days before that, and was trying out 90/90 aiming and TOI...short and midrange shots were no problem for either but long range shots were way over/under cut with both 90/90 and TOI..not rattling but actually driven into the rails short or long, pretty bad. Wanted to know from the "A" players or better if this is probably the shaft.

Im going to use a different cue tomorrow and see if there is a noticeable change so I'm sure some people would say figure it out for yourself..I basically want to know if its time to trash the shaft..and also can a shaft like that be straightened. Its tough to find a 5/16x18 piloted with the "pearl ring" like some of the palmers have...as this shaft does so would rather save it if possible.

Thanks