small crack in one of the points

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will a small crack in one of the points in an older custom cue effect the playability of the cue in any way if the shafts are straight? Thanks.

DeeDeeCues

Will a small crack in one of the points in an older custom cue effect the playability of the cue in any way if the shafts are straight? Thanks.

This is impossible to answer. It's it full splice or short? How did the point crack?

In short, a lot more information and photos are needed. Or just play with the damn thing and determine if it is affected (or if you are...).

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why people don't post pictures? It's so easy and in cases like this it's really impossible to say something meaningful with seeing pictures of the cue in question.

DeeDeeCues

I don't understand why people don't post pictures? It's so easy and in cases like this it's really impossible to say something meaningful with seeing pictures of the cue in question.

In the words of Roger Miller's 'Big Harlan Taylor',

'Oh, the ways of the world and the wants of a woman
If I figured them all out it would take many years'

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is impossible to answer. It's it full splice or short? How did the point crack?

In short, a lot more information and photos are needed. Or just play with the damn thing and determine if it is affected (or if you are...).
It's a cue that is for sell, that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's a full splice or short, but the points are ebony. I don't know how the point cracked. Has ebony been known to crack over time? thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a cue that is for sell, that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's a full splice or short, but the points are ebony. I don't know how the point cracked. Has ebony been known to crack over time? thanks
Pictures mate ;)
Ebony is notorious for cracking.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures aren't really needed.
Whether it's a full splice or short splice, it could produce a buzz.
Effecting playability?
Well that depends on how much you hear it when you play.

Zerksies

Just because they have a smart phone, it doesn’t make them smart

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1695738370579.png