Snooker Video - China Open - O'Sullivan vs Fu - March 30 2007 & 2007 Welsh Open

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JLW said:
Damn, O'Sullivan's like a machine. Unbelievable.

Saturday - At the interval - Dott beating O'Sullivan 4 -0, in less than 50 minutes Race is to the best of 11.

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
When he's in stroke, it's hard to believe anyone can beat him.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea He is machine like, but as natural a flow as any I've seen in any cue sport.

Here's a question....how many ounces are snooker cues? with a 9mm tip and 19 oz. maybe my playing cue should be 13mm and 25 ounce!

Gerry

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Gerry said:
Here's a question....how many ounces are snooker cues?
I would say the traditional average was about 16 oz with a 10mm tip, and a couple of ounces lighter for billiard cues. The modern trend has been for snooker cues to get slightly heavier and the tips slightly smaller.

Boro Nut

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notice there are quite a bit of difference between the US pool cue and snooker cues (e.g. 2 piece vs 3/4, ash vs maple, brass ferrule vs white ferrule...etc) but the most interesting difference I have noticed, is the splicing technique.

It seems that a rounded prong is considered more expensive than a sharp end point, and the splices are usually made up of several pieces rather than one single piece as seen in US pool cue.

What I want to say is that with a snooker cue it seems like each prong is an individual piece, and then they are glued together in a special fashion. The glue lines joining the splices are rather obvious, and I do believe it is not considered as a flaw in workmanship in the UK. it is not something the cue maker tries to hide.

I have also noticed that adjustable weight system does not seem to be as popular with snooker cue, and hardly any snooker cue comes with 2 shafts.

Richard

Last edited:

Adanac67

Predator=Awesome
Silver Member
Marco never got a smell. That break was horrendous. Do you think O'Sullivan will ever match Hendry's 700+ centuries and counting? I don't.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
O'Sullivan won't get close to Hendry's 700. He may be a more natural player but he's not in Hendry's class.