Soft KI-Tech on Ignite

AllenKerley

I couple of days ago I installed a Soft KI-Tech tip on my Mezz Ignite carbon fiber shaft. When I first put it on it had a soft hit that I really liked. After about 2 days of playing the tip has changed. It still has a soft feel with very little sound when the cue ball is struck lightly. But it makes an audible high pitched ping when struck medium to firm. The hit still feels fine, but the sound is weird. It sounds like a baseball being hit with an aluminum bat. Not sure if this is normal or there was operator error on the install.

Also, I tend to leave my stick in an open air rack at home. I am wondering if this is drying out my tips. I am going through tips every 3 months.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Talk to Chris about it. He stands 100% behind his product and will take of you if it's a bad tip

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Maybe it wasn't glued on properly and there is an air pocket...
I would look into this, especially if it sounds like a sticky sound on contact instead of a solid ping. As simple and looking closely at the tip and try to pretty the tip off with your thumb, rotate it and see if it lifts on one side or just pops off. Hope this helps.

Floydbeth

Registered
I couple of days ago I installed a Soft KI-Tech tip on my Mezz Ignite carbon fiber shaft. When I first put it on it had a soft hit that I really liked. After about 2 days of playing the tip has changed. It still has a soft feel with very little sound when the cue ball is struck lightly. But it makes an audible high pitched ping when struck medium to firm. The hit still feels fine, but the sound is weird. It sounds like a baseball being hit with an aluminum bat. Not sure if this is normal or there was operator error on the install.

Also, I tend to leave my stick in an open air rack at home. I am wondering if this is drying out my tips. I am going through tips every 3 months.
I have ignite united joint with original tip , when i strike the cue ball dead center firm , i get that solid ping hit.