some questions i had about the 314-2

9ballprodigy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys, i really apologize if this issue has been pounded to death, but i did a search on the matter and couldn't come up with anything substantial.

1. are there any noticeable differences in the hit of the 314-2 and the 314? less/more solid?

2. i heard the new shaft has a fatter taper than the regular 314. i personally like a 12-12.5 mm taper. what's the diameter of the 314-2?

3. how long is the taper?

4. what is the general consensus as far as the preference between the 29" and 30" shaft?

5. is the shaft stiffer than the regular 314?

6. does it still have that "hollow" hit/feel? that was my biggest complain about the 314.

7. where can i get it the cheapest (including shipping)?

8. is everyone with a 314-2 happy with it?

9. i know that at the height of the 314 popularity, over 1/2 the pros were using it. have most of them switched over to the 314-2?

thanks guys,
i really appreciate it.

5.
 
1. Slightly more firm

2.12.75 if i am not wrong

4. I use 29.5 inch as my cue overall is 59inch. I like it slightly longer. I think it would be a personal preference.

5. I would not use stiff to describe 314 shafts

6. The hit is pretty much the same.

7.I got mine from ebay nielson billiards i think that is the best source currently

8. I have no complain. I had a pair custom made and use them interchangeably

9. I doubt there is such a significant difference to make them switch deliberately. Dun believe everything you read though from what i know almost half the pros that uses predator probably the majority of them are using the break cue.

If it works for you then go for it.
 
Back
Top