Something occured to me that was funny re: my play and commentators

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
A kind individual recently blessed me with about 40 Accu-stats VHS tapes. I converted them over to DVD for easier viewing. Doing this was very time consuming and involved all of those tapes being played in real time, so I've been filling my ears with the matches, while working on other projects.

What I thought was very funny, was if you had some professional commentators such as Grady or Billy commentating on a match that I was playing. The funny part was that I would have had them tearing their hair out by the end of the 3rd rack:D

Here would be a excerpt of their exchange.

Billy - " It looks like he can shoot the 3 in going 2 rails landing on the 4 in the same corner"

Grady - "Thanks for your cerebral insight on that Billy, I can't see anyone doing anything otherwise"

"CaliRed" - Shoots the 3 in and kills the cueball with a ton of reverse and shooting it in the opposite pocket

Billy - "Well... I guess he fooled us there, I can't see why he would shoot that in that pocket, he had natural shape for my shot

Grady - " That shot was fraught with peril as one's predicament would be, if they were hanging over a canyon strung up by their 5 year old underwear"

Billy - "Ok, well let's look at what he has now. I would shoot the 4 in with soft draw and just take the 5 in the side, no need to get cute here on this shot"

Grady - "Right Billy, there is nothing that could go wrong with that shot"

"CaliRed" - shoots the 4 in with lots of low right and sucks the cueball 3 rails around for a tough shot on the 5.

Billy - " Wow! Grady, did you see any reason why he would do that? I can't figure out how this guy got this far in the tournament"

Grady - I'm speechless Billy, this guy is trying to make this beautiful game we love a lot harder then it has to be"

The point being here, is I thought it would be extremely funny to have a couple of pros commentating on a hack such as myself (and many others here I would imagine:D) They would be mapping out shots and we wouldn't be shooting them. This would completely confuse the hell out of them and they would be beside themselves. Every time they would say what they think the shooter would do, they would end up doing something completely different.

Especially safe shots. 9 times out of 10, they call the correct safe or close to it, which the pro then executes. But imagine if a hack was playing, we see things a little differently.. either by attempting that safety and badly butchering it or trying something else that has a chance of hell of working out.:smile:

I mean I don't play too bad, but I certainly don't play the same shots as the pro's do. Which would explain I guess why I suck so bad.

I would die to do that though.. get on the TV table in a major tournament and have 2 commentators try to figure out what the hell I could possibly be doing for a shot as opposed to them guessing right every time.

Anyone else think that would be riot? lol

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy - " It looks like he can shoot the 3 in going 2 rails landing on the 4 in the same corner"

Grady - "Thanks for your cerebral insight on that Billy, I can't see anyone doing anything otherwise"

"CaliRed" - Shoots the 3 in and kills the cueball with a ton of reverse and shooting it in the opposite pocket

Billy - "Well... I guess he fooled us there, I can't see why he would shoot that in that pocket, he had natural shape for my shot

Grady - " That shot was fraught with peril as one's predicament would be, if they were hanging over a canyon strung up by their 5 year old underwear"

Billy - "Ok, well let's look at what he has now. I would shoot the 4 in with soft draw and just take the 5 in the side, no need to get cute here on this shot"

Grady - "Right Billy, there is nothing that could go wrong with that shot"

"CaliRed" - shoots the 4 in with lots of low right and sucks the cueball 3 rails around for a tough shot on the 5.

Billy - " Wow! Grady, did you see any reason why he would do that? I can't figure out how this guy got this far in the tournament"

Grady - I'm speechless Billy, this guy is trying to make this beautiful game we love a lot harder then it has to be"

Anyone else think that would be riot? lol

Yes, that was pretty funny!
A DVD compilation of clips where the commenters were dead wrong on the next shot that would be taken, would be funny. :thumbup:

Gazelli

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It'd sound like me on league night.

Me: shoot (and most likely miss or mess something up)...walk back to the table...
Captain: asks 'Why didn't you (fill in the blank)?'
Me: 'oops, I didn't even see that!'.

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yup, I would pay to see it. Could be lots of others would too. Pro pool is predictable. body building is too.
"That is what they do", they say. pool players make balls, bodybuilders have big muscles, without any understanding of what it takes to get to such a level.
I think i could work. I know it would be entertaining. Damn, I entertain myself for hours at the way I screw things up.
steven

JohnnyShakes

Hill/Hill w/ 1 ball ghost
Silver Member
Corey vs Dippy on TAR

The closest I've ever seen to something like this was when TAR showed a one pocket match between Corey and Dippy. I think it was Beav, Nick Schulman and Johnny World doing the commentary. There may have been some adult beverages flowing for the last two of those guys. I remember a lot of exclamations of "he's the worst f#$%ing pool player in the world" after some of Dippy's shots. Easily the funniest pool stream I've ever seen. I was laughing so hard watching it. Wish I could get a DVD of it.

Johnny