Soo tips for jump and j/bs

PitterPatter

Registered
So since majority of jump cues and even break cues have phenolic tips, should we stick with them?

What would you guys advise that a white diamond, ice breaker, or even a samsara tip would fit best on specifics? like example yes I am going to use the predator air jump 2 for example, would you use the standard or switch to what?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So since majority of jump cues and even break cues have phenolic tips, should we stick with them?

What would you guys advise that a white diamond, ice breaker, or even a samsara tip would fit best on specifics? like example yes I am going to use the predator air jump 2 for example, would you use the standard or switch to what?

Well if you are going to buy a Predator Air Jump II, why would you change the tip????

That is just crazy!

It would be the same as...duh...I have this white diamond tip so now I need to buy a jump cue for it. Stick with the original tip if you like the Predator Air Jump II.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing the tip on your Predator jump cue will void the warranty. It was designed with a phenolic tip. Use it.

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing the tip on your Predator jump cue will void the warranty. It was designed with a phenolic tip. Use it.

It doesn't void the warranty unless you don't put the pad back under the tip, correct?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't void the warranty unless you don't put the pad back under the tip, correct?

Correct!

PHENOLIC TIP REPLACEMENT. If you want to replace your phenolic tip on you BK2 break cue or your Air jump cue, do not remove the black carbon fiber tip plate located under the brown phenolic tip as this will reduce the strength of your shaft and void the warranty. Leave .020" of the brown phenolic before gluing on the replacement tip.

osama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Cuetec j/b cue came with a normal Everest playing tip. Don't ask me why, they just used a standard SST shaft.

I'm currently using Samsara tip on it and I'm loving it.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
How can you tell what tip will work best on a cue until you've used the cue? Is the hit to hard...too soft? Does it have enough control, or does it have enough control to be able to trade some for more power?

Play the cue with the OEM tip. See what you think and go from there.

(I've always used Samarsa tips on my breaker and jump/break. I like the control -- sometimes I even play out a rack with the break cue to get some experience with a firm, crisp hit.)