Southwest

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Ive owned over a dozen southwests in my lifetime. The Southwests ive owned have all hit quite well, and some were really tremendous. The one consistent thing about all of them though was that I sold each cue for more than I bought them for. For any cue collector, that one consistent factor of being profitable to buy and sell is quite remarkable. I havent owned any SW in over 3 years now so I am not really sure if this still holds true today.

My team mate on my league team has one on order and when it comes im for sure going to be asking him to hit some balls with it.

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southwest cues are just too good of a playing cue for people to own dozens of them and just have them sitting around. It's a shame these cues aren't in the hands of players that would seriously enjoy them.
Collecting a cue like this is like buying up a bunch of Mercedes and leaving them in a garage.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK I have had Gus, Barry,Joel,Mike Bebnder, Bill Schick,Kikel, Perry Weston etc build me cues no I don't have them any more.Unless your in the know most people haven't heard of them. Mention South West and they go goggle eyed.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Stick

That South West of yours is one classy looking cue. Thanks for letting me hit some balls with it. You about ready for another 9 Ball match? My table and balls are clean and I need a break from this yard work my wife has me doing. For crap sake I'm supposed to be retired!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the subject of the number of South West cues, I have been playing pool for about 40 years granted mainly in bars but I have been to a few Tournements and for all of the supposedly South Wests out there I can only recall seeing four of them and one was one I previously owned. Granted I am in Alaska and probably see more Benders, Sugar Trees and Thomas Wayne's than most people see. Of course all those are Alaskan builders, Sugar Tree no longer but once was. I understand that many South Wests end up over seas.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the subject of the number of South West cues, I have been playing pool for about 40 years granted mainly in bars but I have been to a few Tournements and for all of the supposedly South Wests out there I can only recall seeing four of them and one was one I previously owned. Granted I am in Alaska and probably see more Benders, Sugar Trees and Thomas Wayne's than most people see. Of course all those are Alaskan builders, Sugar Tree no longer but once was. I understand that many South Wests end up over seas.