Spartan Victory Carbon Fiber Shaft

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is new to me. Spartan Victory carbon fiber shaft with interchangeable joint? I like the idea.

Anyone play with these yet?

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
Heard of it but never shot with one. The interesting part of interchangble joint would also be the part that would concern me the most. Maybe its great shaft but would not buy without shooting with it first if I were you.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. But if it's engineered well, it shouldn't matter. It's almost kind of like when people said one piece cues were better than two piece. Now there are very few people that use one piece cues.

I'd like to find somebody that tried one of these Spartan shafts, but I don't want to be the guinea pig. Not for almost four hundred bucks.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I agree. But if it's engineered well, it shouldn't matter. It's almost kind of like when people said one piece cues were better than two piece. Now there are very few people that use one piece cues.

I'd like to find somebody that tried one of these Spartan shafts, but I don't want to be the guinea pig. Not for almost four hundred bucks.
I have one with a 12.2 mm Kamui black soft tip.. I have tried a Predator Revo and a Jacoby as well, and really liked both. However, I'm not sure yet on the Spartan. The biggest difference for me is that the 12.2 mm tip is smaller than the 12.75 (ish) that I'm used to.. Unfortunately, 12.2 mm was the only size in stock, at the time (with a radial joint). Now that I know that the joints are interchangeable, I may try to find someone who wants my 12.2 mm.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one with a 12.2 mm Kamui black soft tip.. I have tried a Predator Revo and a Jacoby as well, and really liked both. However, I'm not sure yet on the Spartan. The biggest difference for me is that the 12.2 mm tip is smaller than the 12.75 (ish) that I'm used to.. Unfortunately, 12.2 mm was the only size in stock, at the time (with a radial joint). Now that I know that the joints are interchangeable, I may try to find someone who wants my 12.2 mm.
Any issues that you noticed with the interchangeable joint?

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve sold and interchanged the joints. They are a quality shaft and play great IMO. I like the larger diameter too but the 12.25mm shaft plays well.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Spartan shaft uses a star shaped screw for all of their inserts. Their 3/8x10 needs to be drilled or reamed to fit a 3/8x10 modified pin.