Speaking of snooker stances......

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How important is it to keep your eyes level? It seems easier with a snooker stance, no? :scratchhead:
 
Its important based on the person involved. If like me you can't play without level eyes then its vital. Others are the opposite and can't shoot with level eyes and have to have them tilted slightly. I don't think the snooker stance whether its square or 45 degrees has anything to do with keeping the eyes level. Its more to do with getting down as low as you can. The further down you get, for example chin on the cue, the easier it is to know if the eyes are level because of the surface and construction of pool tables.
 
Its important based on the person involved. If like me you can't play without level eyes then its vital. Others are the opposite and can't shoot with level eyes and have to have them tilted slightly. I don't think the snooker stance whether its square or 45 degrees has anything to do with keeping the eyes level. Its more to do with getting down as low as you can. The further down you get, for example chin on the cue, the easier it is to know if the eyes are level because of the surface and construction of pool tables.

I wasn't that low when I tried on a buddy's shooting glasses. But I noticed immediately that the frame was tilted a good bit. Naturally, I panicked and now have to know. Lol...
 
How important is it to keep your eyes level? It seems easier with a snooker stance, no? :scratchhead:

Eyes location, stance and all is not for vision as much as it gives you free straight hand back swing motion. Eyes can see from any where and can aim on any shot, getting the CB to hit that spot is the key.
 
I wasn't that low when I tried on a buddy's shooting glasses. But I noticed immediately that the frame was tilted a good bit. Naturally, I panicked and now have to know. Lol...
Oh so you have a slight tilt? Nothing to worry about. If you see straight as straight and centre cue ball as centre cue ball you're onto a winner. Here is a link of Nic Barrow going through head positions with a player to find what works best for them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ndy5WKf7es

And again, the stance has very little to do with how level your eyes will be.
 
Oh so you have a slight tilt? Nothing to worry about. If you see straight as straight and centre cue ball as centre cue ball you're onto a winner. Here is a link of Nic Barrow going through head positions with a player to find what works best for them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ndy5WKf7es

And again, the stance has very little to do with how level your eyes will be.

Thanks for the video. I guess I'm good....
 
Snooker stance for me is chin on the cue. When you do this there's almost no way your eyes won't be in the same place on each shot. Dominant over cue, directly in line with the chin.
 
Back
Top