Stevie Moore vs. Tony Watson

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the Greenville fans, if Stevie Moore and Tony Watson win their next matches, they will meet each other in the next round. How many times have those two butted heads? Tony told me they've been playing each other since they were 13.

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tedkaufman said:
For the Greenville fans, if Stevie Moore and Tony Watson win their next matches, they will meet each other in the next round. How many times have those two butted heads? Tony told me they've been playing each other since they were 13.
Well then, I hope they get to play! It should be a great match, since they both know each other's game so well and are comfortable playing against each other! :D However, my pick would be Stevie. :eek:

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
tedkaufman said:
Hey Ted,

I have watched many matches between them over the past 20 years or so. And it hasn't been long since they last faced off. At Shannon's Great Southern Tour a couple of weeks ago, if I remember correctly. I think Stevie beat Tony for the hot seat, but Tony made it to the finals to meet Stevie again after beating Gabe Owen to get there. Tony won the first set there by a 6-0 score, but Stevie came back to take the cash in a hill-hill (I believe) final set.

Good luck to both.

Mike

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hiya Mike!

Shannon's tournament at Gametime was the last time I saw them play, too. They met on the winners' side and it went back and forth, with Stevie pulling it out 6-5.

Then, as you said, Tony blew out Gabe Owen (4-0 or 4-1) to get back to Stevie in the final.

In the final, Tony broke and ran the first 4 racks. Then a dry break, but left Stevie with nothing and no safe. Stevie tried a hard shot, missed, and Tony got out. Then Tony broke and ran out the last game for 6-0. Stevie got one shot in the entire set.

With both of the them now technically in the losers' side, they raced to 4 in the final set. It went back and forth to 3-3, Tony breaking. Tony makes a ball on the break and seems headed for a runout and the win, but missed a fairly simple cut shot you would not expect him to miss. Stevie calmly got up and ran out the rack. 4-3 Stevie, for the win.

Wish you luck this weekend, Mike. Kick butt, buddy!

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Does anyone know when they play their next matches? There are no times posted?

John Que

Registered
Stevie plays Testa at 7pm tonight. That would put him and Tony go at it at 11am tomorrow. Great matches all over the board. Looks like 1 of the underdogs might get a chance for a big pay out.