Strickland comments on spin

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On skidding, I have this notion that Centennials skid more readily than the equivalent Aramiths. I even call Centennials, SkidMaster. lol..

T or F will do...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
On skidding, I have this notion that Centennials skid more readily than the equivalent Aramiths. I even call Centennials, SkidMaster. lol..

T or F will do...
I think blue circle CBs collect chalk more than others. Don’t they come with Centennials?

pj
chgo

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think blue circle CBs collect chalk more than others. Don’t they come with Centennials?

pj
chgo

Yes the circles are standard equipment although for some reason we always called them blue dots. Red ones, always circles or dots. Blue ones just dots. I think it's because of the prevalence of blue circles in the 70s. Anyway, I once took a fresh box of Centennials and placed the balls to do a random one pocket drill and the first shot skidded. Notion burned in. lol

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there might be something to that. It seems like the old, napped cloths may have been more effective at keeping the ball clean. Hard to test.

I was thinking more along the lines of a newly covered table that you would see at a pro tournament vs. broken-in cloth in a pool room. Balls seem to skid more at pro events. This was true even with the old nappier cloth they used years ago.There were plenty of skids at pro tournaments with that cloth as well --- but they used to iron that cloth between rounds to push the nap back down. If they didn't do that, the cloths would slow down dramatically and even shed. That was the worst. Also, the balls are usually always new, so that could contribute to it as well.

Last edited: