Strickland's thick grip

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny

If Earl told you all at once his reasoning your head might explode. Where his game starts yours ends. Where his brain starts yours ends when it comes to his ability to stroke with power and control.
With all his moving parts worn half out Earl has chosen to use a mechanical advantage as a method to maintain his deteriorating body's ability to execute.
I explained to Dean a while back the advantage of a longer Cue. He said you don't play with one. I said I did when I had a big stroke. I hide it now.
Longer lever. More action. Very accurate but there is where the trade off is.
Earl plays so good he can play with a pole vaulters pole only because he sees the advantage.
While most of you probably would have a hard time jamming it up your how do you do Earl just does it for you.
It is almost a spot. Until you realize his aim can not be frazzled. Or at least it couldn't be when his body was young and dumb.
He be bad,
Nick :)

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Earl told you all at once his reasoning your head might explode. Where his game starts yours ends. Where his brain starts yours ends when it comes to his ability to stroke with power and control.

He's kind of is on a one-way street to hell, not excellency. Earl has a terrible stroke if you watch closely. He sure does get the job done but violates a lot of good laws of physics.
Now, watching Alex Higgins play Snooker - this is where your brain explodes.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stroke is over rated

The best player I ever saw and knew had no stroke. He just went forth. No back. Deadly. He put it this way. The only thing that makes a $hit is what the stick is doing at impact. Every thing else is BS. What you have to do to achieve that pure impact is different for every one.
And that is why pool can not be taught.
You can only explain what is required.
Nick Serdula

Henry W

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's kind of is on a one-way street to hell, not excellency. Earl has a terrible stroke if you watch closely. He sure does get the job done but violates a lot of good laws of physics.
Now, watching Alex Higgins play Snooker - this is where your brain explodes.

Let me get this straight Earl has a terrible stroke and violates a lot of laws of physics. Earl must really be out there if he can violate laws of physics and at the same time beat everyone on earth at pool at one time or another. What I think is he has the best pool stroke I have ever seen and it is just not good enough to overcome his mental defects. Pool is a state of mind and when Earl is in the right state of mind he is just incredible unbeatable. Think about this if he really is violating laws of physics and playing his speed that in its self incredible. You can not violate laws of physics or they would not be laws. Results is what matters and Earl hits the ball with extreme English at any speed and pockets the ball with ease and puts the cue ball where he wants it. Different story when he gets in his self destruct state of mind. Keep this in mind when it comes to Earl they put up a million dollars if anyone could run 10 or 11 racks and Earl did it the first time out. Every genius has a touch of insanity and Earl is a pool genius but his insanity is taking over. Too bad,