Strong opinion: Dress Codes Needed

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Phil Mickelson had nice payday yeasterday, but had to conform to PGA DRESS CODE. Would not have been allowed on close in flip flops, t-shit, and cut offs.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
1621870284762.png

I know one guy that made a fortune of wearing wife beaters. And he didn't need to be good a sports in real life.

Vin wears the piece with a bit of strength and masculinity not displayed inside of a suit.
The ability to accessorize definitely shows his humble upbringing.

Contrast that with Paul's outfit, which is wrinkly AF.

justnum

Silver Member
Are you dense? That's a costume in a movie.

Talk to me when he wears that to an industry event or a meeting with studio execs about a new project.

So its ok for a woman to go sleeveless but not a man?

1621870710609.png

justnum

Silver Member
But the lady looks like she is going to Prom.

I've seen outfits like this in places other than a Prom too.
The main point being if the fashion discussion is just to promote the game, then have some fun with it.

Everyone is so serious about the dress code, that there is no pause to just reflect on what has happened.

Men need to learn to shave their arms and armpits.

1621871157931.png

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The main point being if the fashion discussion is just to promote the game, then have some fun with it.

Everyone is so serious about the dress code, that there is no pause to just reflect on what has happened.

View attachment 596277
Troll in another post or have you been ousted from too many already?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Willie Mosconi always dress well.

Back in day Flip Flops were for taking shower in community shower room.

Idea was less athletes or jungle rot.

Today Flip Flops are a fashion statement, or my shoes I wear went on patio.

justnum

Silver Member
The main point is let today's generation be part of the cultural norming of pool.

Dictating for pro events is good but at least have guidelines for a few steps below.

And leave some room for people to share their "personality"

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The main point is let today's generation be part of the cultural norming of pool.

Dictating for pro events is good but at least have guidelines for a few steps below.

And leave some room for people to share their "personality"

Well most Sport have dress codes, codes of conduct, and individual team also have their own set of rules.

NCAA has a standard of GPA to participate in sports.

If want was to attract main stream sponsorship. The player need look more professional.

If not well money will never be like other sports.

justnum

Silver Member
Well most Sport have dress codes, codes of conduct, and individual team also have their own set of rules.

NCAA has a standard of GPA to participate in sports.

If want was to attract main stream sponsorship. The player need look more professional.

If not well money will never be like other sports.

That means committees and more participation from the community on how to structure professional pool and gateway leagues to larger pool events.

When was the last time the WPA held a members meeting and voted with players on governance issues?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 596277
A way of ‘sharking’ male opponents? The ‘50s poolroom I grew up in didn’t allow women. Few of it’s regular patrons could have held concentration against HER.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pool is recreation, it is something to do to make you think, and make your mind work.

Local bar tournaments are for fun, honestly if you go home with First place money. Could have made more in a similar shift at Taco Bell.

justnum

Silver Member
A way of ‘sharking’ male opponents? The ‘50s poolroom I grew up in didn’t allow women. Few of it’s regular patrons could have held concentration against HER.

That means the sport has helped advanced progress for women.

The sport did something for a large generation, and those women can continue what they've been doing because of the community they created.

The younger players formed the Euro tour and that became a new generation.

Is there a "dress code" or an interpretation of a dress code? I have an analogous argument with my other groups.

The dress code speech should be a weekly article. Its an advice column.
Have people call in with complaints?

I worn a polo but they didnt let me play because of the graphic on the back said "OFFENSIVE STATEMENT"

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That means the sport has helped advanced progress for women.

The sport did something for a large generation, and those women can continue what they've been doing because of the community they created.

The younger players formed the Euro tour and that became a new generation.

Is there a "dress code" or an interpretation of a dress code? I have an analogous argument with my other groups.

The dress code speech should be a weekly article. Its an advice column.
Have people call in with complaints?

I worn a polo but they didnt let me play because of the graphic on the back said "OFFENSIVE STATEMENT"
Honestly it does take a lot to get under my skin, your are approaching that zone.

if you see a problem, instead of just point your finger, then crying problem, problem.

show if your a man, or mouse. Men attack problems, mice just point and expect other to fix everything for them.

Are you a man? Or Mouse?

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly it does take a lot to get under my skin, your are approaching that zone.

if you see a problem, instead of just point your finger, then crying problem, problem.

show if your a man, or mouse. Men attack problems, mice just point and expect other to fix everything for them.

Are you a man? Or Mouse?
I dunno but every time he posts, my cat's ears perk up.