Summit pro LD shafts

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anybody tried these shafts, How do they compare with other LD shafts in the approximate price range.

Thanks,

FishFreak

Has anybody tried these shafts, How do they compare with other LD shafts in the approximate price range.

Thanks,
I've only seen Eddie's vids on YT where he's pretty impressed with them at that low price range. Been tempted to get one to see if I like smaller tip sizes. Hope we get some feedback - for the price they seem hard to beat. Any other cheap true LD shafts out there?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only seen Eddie's vids on YT where he's pretty impressed with them at that low price range. Been tempted to get one to see if I like smaller tip sizes. Hope we get some feedback - for the price they seem hard to beat. Any other cheap true LD shafts out there?
"True LD" is kind of a vague term imo. The LD properties of shafts vary from very little to not too much. The Summit looks to use a LD method much like the Players HXT. Those shafts have somewhat less deflect. than maple but not as much a shaft with a lighter front-end. For around 150bux they look to be a pretty good deal. For $70 more you can get a cf shaft from Midwest Carbon Technology if you feel like dippin your feet in the carbon pond.

FishFreak

"True LD" is kind of a vague term imo. The LD properties of shafts vary from very little to not too much. The Summit looks to use a LD method much like the Players HXT. Those shafts have somewhat less deflect. than maple but not as much a shaft with a lighter front-end. For around 150bux they look to be a pretty good deal. For $70 more you can get a cf shaft from Midwest Carbon Technology if you feel like dippin your feet in the carbon pond.
I just did it garczar (are you a gar fisherman ;) ?), I ordered the Midwest Carbon shaft. Like you said, only one mild evening drinkin' more $$. Hardest part for me was deciding which size tip since I've been using 13 mm all my life I just went 12.4 mm so it's not too drastic a change, and upgraded to a Tiger Sniper med tip, heard good things about it. What sealed the deal vs wood is my cue will be in my car trunk a lot, in blazing Sacramento summer heat....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just did it garczar (are you a gar fisherman ;) ?), I ordered the Midwest Carbon shaft. Like you said, only one mild evening drinkin' more $$. Hardest part for me was deciding which size tip since I've been using 13 mm all my life I just went 12.4 mm so it's not too drastic a change, and upgraded to a Tiger Sniper med tip, heard good things about it. What sealed the deal vs wood is my cue will be in my car trunk a lot, in blazing Sacramento summer heat....
Let us know how you like the new one.