Super Summer 10 Ball tournament 3rd stage of Barbox bonanza August 18th Baltimore, md

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Richie!!

Thanks for the compliments Richie!!! We have a one pocket league now with some great names in it. If you get a chance stop by on Sun around 1 pm and you'll see some of the best one hole youv'e ever seen!!

We are building our league fast. Thanks again, Rick.

payball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie's Pro Shop

Charlie from the pro shop is offering some deals on cues and tips for this event. Check back for further info.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Once again we came up with our series called The bar box bonanza we came up with the concept in January and the dates were listed On the website BREAKNNRUN.COM BY Febuary.

As a pool fan, player, frequent internet user and Maryland resident, I can honestly say I have never heard of breaknnrun.com before this thread. I think announcing your tournament there is almost like whispering to your sister in the corner of the dining room. I doubt that many people new about it beyond a small group that may follow that web site. It certainly isn't the end all and be all of pool tournament listings in Md.

I went to the web site and it seemed to only include a few bar table events in less than a handful of rooms. You can't expect every pool player in the state to frequent a site with such limited content.

This is not a knock on the people involved in the web site. They are trying to establish something good and it will take time to grow. If they are targeting the bar table players, that is fine but don't expect to reach the entire pool community. If they want to address the entire pool community, they have to pursue complete listings from as many poolrooms as possible.

If you are serious about your tournament, you should have announced it to a wider audience, here on AZ and on as many other forums as possible. Until you do that, there will be conflicts and you will make some people angry.

In the end, I don't think, for the most part, your bar box tournament and the Md 14-1 tournament will draw the same group of players. Yes, there may be a couple of players wanting to play in both and, unfortunately, they will have to make a choice. However, it is better that players have choices rather than no tournaments at all.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a pool fan, player, frequent internet user and Maryland resident, I can honestly say I have never heard of breaknnrun.com before this thread. I think announcing your tournament there is almost like whispering to your sister in the corner of the dining room. I doubt that many people new about it beyond a small group that may follow that web site. It certainly isn't the end all and be all of pool tournament listings in Md.

I went to the web site and it seemed to only include a few bar table events in less than a handful of rooms. You can't expect every pool player in the state to frequent a site with such limited content.

This is not a knock on the people involved in the web site. They are trying to establish something good and it will take time to grow. If they are targeting the bar table players, that is fine but don't expect to reach the entire pool community. If they want to address the entire pool community, they have to pursue complete listings from as many poolrooms as possible.

If you are serious about your tournament, you should have announced it to a wider audience, here on AZ and on as many other forums as possible. Until you do that, there will be conflicts and you will make some people angry.

In the end, I don't think, for the most part, your bar box tournament and the Md 14-1 tournament will draw the same group of players. Yes, there may be a couple of players wanting to play in both and, unfortunately, they will have to make a choice. However, it is better that players have choices rather than no tournaments at all.

Rich, you summed it up nicely by stating that the attendees for each event would not overlap anyway.

I know the creator of www.breaknnrun.com, and of course I know the owners of Big Daddy's.

I don't think the issue was ever one of advertising on a well-established website or having more flyers etc., it was basically one owner feeling slighted by another, and having the disagreement made public on the forums.

Knowing what little I do of The Green Room, I have learned that they are very limited with dates they can choose for tournaments like these. They are a full-blown APA house so their dance card is filled, you can count on that.

On the other side, Big Daddy's feels that the third Saturday of every month should be used for their monthly tournaments, and, in the spirit of teamwork (as much as you can have in business anyway), the rooms should work together to coordinate schedules.

Whether this is a realistic expectation is between the owners to discuss.

I think this is a classic case of the Internet doing more harm than good when a simple offline discussion could have avoided most of the vitriol.

You will note I am reserving some of my opinions online. I know Rick and Cindy, and I have become acquainted with the owners of The Green Room. They are ALL nice people and are trying to make a buck whilst giving us pool-playing savages all the pool we can handle.

Whether or not rooms could or should work together to coordinate tournament schedules is a matter for them to resolve OFFLINE, in my opinion.

Of course, I am well aware of other rooms that schedule their events regardless of what others are doing. They are perfectly within their rights to do so. Some rooms have a lot more to offer than others (kitchen, bar, karaoke, darts, poker etc.) and could care less what others are doing, and they already have a well-established and loyal customer-base anyway.

Similarly, some regional tours have to schedule events on top on local events simply because the work and the semantics involved with coordinating a well-scheduled regional tour, is, in my opinion, that much more difficult.

I am neither a business owner nor have I ever been involved with coordinating a tour of any kind. I am simply saying all of this based on my observations over two decades of playing in various events at various locations.

Loye Boleyard is trying very hard to have his new website, www.breaknnrun, become a local force in the pool world. It has not been easy, and like Ozzy Reynolds, he is also a family-man with a full-time job.

But again, this conflict in this particular thread has nothing to do with the popularity of his website. One could argue that the Professor Cue Ball magazine is equally as unpopular.

Anyway, I think I made my point somewhere in there. I do believe both rooms have worked it out and in the end, it is all good for us players.

Sometimes having choices may blind us from the drama behind the scenes.

Thanks.
Curtis.

Last edited:

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drop it!!

I can't believe people are still talking about this? Myself and the tournament director have already talked and this is in the past!!

Leave this part of the thread alone. Thanks....

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe people are still talking about this? Myself and the tournament director have already talked and this is in the past!!

Leave this part of the thread alone. Thanks....

I was not going to say anything because of the frequent misunderstanding and miscommunication with using the Internet, but I am not going to stand by while anyone tells me to "Drop it".

Simply put, it is not your thread, especially since you hijacked the thread in the first place with your grievances about scheduling.

Just because you and the other owners have come to an agreement does not mean you get to dictate what other adults choose to discuss on a free forum.

I know this reply will make you angry, but right is right.

In my detailed post I was merely replying to Rich Rhoads whose opinion I greatly respect...and I was saying (I thought) very positive things about you and your room...I always have.

You might claim that I misinterpreted your message, or your post, but we all know that is not the case.

If you can't use the Internet to effectively communicate, and if your comments are frequently misinterpreted by others then perhaps the problem is with your posts and not others' ability to comprehend them?

I have done nothing but support you and your room from Day One and would appreciate not being spoken to like this.

Thank you, and good luck with your business.

Last edited:

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello

All I asked was for you to drop it? I'm not angry you obviously are? I just had a very small item with the other room and things have been taken care of. Please just drop it.

Done.

poolhalljunkies

Registered
here is my suggestion

Now i dont use az that often but this thread which i only intended to help promote loye's tournaments...(I dont get paid by loye or the gr)...Now when people click on it there is more negative than positive.....Everyone has made valid points and we never intended to step on anyones toes.....

At this point since this tourney is still a month away How do i remove this thread so i can start a new one so all this shit isnt in it...and it can be more pool focused...thanks Joe norton

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree Joe!!

Myself and you had things patched up an people keep "BEATING THE DEAD HORSE" I went back and asked to please drop it?
That was not good enough.....It was just a small issue between you and I and we resolved it. I thought we where done?

If I were you... I would put a NEW THREAD at the end of this one letting people know that you are starting a new one with basically the same heading and that should work. I never knew that this would get so out of hand? We had are issues resolved....and all I asked was and I even said PLEASE.....drop it?

As you see the thread is still being beat up? I said PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, Joe.

ps- Call me Joe... 410-760-1332 thanks, Rick.

Last edited: