Sw Scam Or Not

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well, seeing as he spelled Laurie's name wrong, then maybe it's a scam. Glue at the base of the base joint looks nasty.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Ebay

I know a seller has to start somewhere, but to me I think they should start selling some lower priced items to get established on ebay. I can't deal with a seller with "0" feedback on an item like a South West cue for that kind of money. The seller may be legitimate, but there are so many that aren't legitimate that I have to pass on cue sales from sellers with "0" feedback. A few rotten apples spoil it for the honest sellers and i'm sad to say that............

Orion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I doubt it

The ringwork doesen't line up at all which seems at least odd. Next the rings on the shaft don't seem to match the rest. I think it may have been made a long ways from Vegas.

Orion

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Orion said:
The ringwork doesen't line up at all which seems at least odd. Next the rings on the shaft don't seem to match the rest. I think it may have been made a long ways from Vegas.

Orion

The rings are not supposed to be in alignment on SW's that have rings in all 5 positions. They do that on purpose. What shaft?....I don't see one in the pictures.

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Salamander said:
The rings are not supposed to be in alignment on SW's that have rings in all 5 positions. They do that on purpose. What shaft?....I don't see one in the pictures.
i never knew that. glad you guys cleared it up for me, i was contemplating bidding but i noticed the pin didnt look right and i though the pin was numbered in 92.

AZ9BALLER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well I did send this to the seller, I'll let you know if he responds.

You have some potential buyers that would like to bid on this cue. You have several things going for you right now that will cause people not to bid.
1. You need better photos (to include shaft and letter)
2. You have 0 feedback and just joined eBay (this can be gotten around with possible local pick up and payment)
3. You need to mention the diameter of the shaft and if it rolls straight, tip and ferrule make-up as well.
This is just a start which will definately help improve your chances of getting a bid and make the bidder feel comfortable.

Hope this helps, and please respond by updating your listing.

bish4201

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ant812 said:
i never knew that. glad you guys cleared it up for me, i was contemplating bidding but i noticed the pin didnt look right and i though the pin was numbered in 92.
I DON'T THINK SW# THE PIN IN 92

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
the butt sleeve is too long, they had almost no tulip wood in the earily 90's they lost their source for it, and only used it on cues for existing customers/collectors/friends they also had an up charge for tulip wood then too., they pin dosent look right either.

There is a 1% chance its a SW. If this is a SW i'm capable of giving Efren 8-5 playing 1P and being the favorite, it just aint gonna happen.

thats one of the weakest scams I have seen in a while.

ShaneS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Seller says that there's a letter of authenticity from Lauri. Why doesn't the seller post it in his/her listing? A matching letter would definitely help the sellers cred.

-S

AZ9BALLER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
AZ9BALLER said:
Well I did send this to the seller, I'll let you know if he responds.

You have some potential buyers that would like to bid on this cue. You have several things going for you right now that will cause people not to bid.
1. You need better photos (to include shaft and letter)
2. You have 0 feedback and just joined eBay (this can be gotten around with possible local pick up and payment)
3. You need to mention the diameter of the shaft and if it rolls straight, tip and ferrule make-up as well.
This is just a start which will definately help improve your chances of getting a bid and make the bidder feel comfortable.

Hope this helps, and please respond by updating your listing.

Well the seller sent me a response and he has added the letter to his auction. Not sure if this suffices the nay sayers but the letter is now posted with the auciton.