I just set up my Peter Vitalie table, I used a 96” level to level the frame. I’m waiting on the movers to set the slates on top. They mentioned that they refelt tables and offered their services. I’m already concerned they’re hacks so I asked a few questions. Do you glue the seams, do you glue the cloth, do you use bondo or beeswax, what type of level do you use to level the slates. Their answers, no glueing slates or cloth. They use beeswax and sand it. They use a 5’ level on the slates.
The house has a concrete slab with a 3mm underlayment and 10mm laminate flooring. Should the slates still be glued and what about the slate screw holes? Do these guys seem like table hacks?
The house has a concrete slab with a 3mm underlayment and 10mm laminate flooring. Should the slates still be glued and what about the slate screw holes? Do these guys seem like table hacks?