Table saw or Radial arm saw....

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
tried searching but coulnt find anything. if u could only have one what would it be. i want to make full splice cues at some point. can i do with either one. if so, what one would make the best quality. thanks in advance
john

Rangercap

www.nittanyleather.com
Silver Member
JeaLouS44 said:
bandsaw interesting i used in high school and the blade was not very stable (these were commercial grade bandsaws)but that was 15 years ago ill look into it thanks john

Try a resaw blade. These are typically 1" or greater in width. They allow for better stability when re-sawing wood into thinner pieces, i.e. guitar making and cedar shingles (it was on Dirty jobs last night!)

Brian
www.nittanyleather.com

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
thanks brian will look into also like ur cases will u sell me leather to make cases if so its about 6 months away but im workin on ideas both in cue building and case building thanks john

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Full Splice cues are your goal then the Radial Arm saw is easiest to set up to cut the forearm grooves. But you will need a band saw to cut the butt prongs with. But neither a band saw or table saw are absolutley needed to make the forearm for full splice cues. You can make the forearm on your lathe or mill and make your handle splice on the bandsaw. There are many roads that lead to full spliced cues.