Taom V10 messy in dry heated climate

Nyquil

It's been really cold this winter where I live. I added an extra heat source to my basement where my table is because my main heater couldn't keep up with the freezing low temps. With the extra heat I noticed my cloth is playing faster less humidity which is a bonus but I noticed my Taom does not have the moisture composition in the chalk compound that it had in the summer when I bought it.

Anyway its flaking like crazy getting stuck on my cue ball etc. I got green dots all over my table. Anyone else having this issue during the dry winter months?

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
It's been really cold this winter where I live. I added an extra heat source to my basement where my table is because my main heater couldn't keep up with the freezing low temps. With the extra heat I noticed my cloth is playing faster less humidity which is a bonus but I noticed my Taom does not have the moisture composition in the chalk compound that it had in the summer when I bought it.

Anyway its flaking like crazy getting stuck on my cue ball etc. I got green dots all over my table. Anyone else having this issue during the dry winter months?

I had my pyro start to do that after a year. No issues with v10 yet.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Maybe take some sandpaper to the chalk and get down past the dried out part? I've never had it happen. You might also try clearing your tip of old chalk with the said sandpaper, not taking leather off, just fluffing the leather and getting the old chalk out.

My basement is less than 40% humidity all winter, it's heated and I've had no troubles with my chalk.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Humidity in my 18x20 room during winter months measured by hygrometer stays between 30-40%. Using V10 I get very light (and I mean LIGHT) amounts of fine powder occasionally on the CB, maybe a dot here and there on the cloth. That’s nothing compared to the chalk granule streaks and debris I used to find everywhere with other brands.

Could be the V10 hasn’t adjusted to the difference in artificial heat created in your room. I find the reverse occurs; it cakes a little more when the outside temperatures warm for spring/summer and the AC runs.