Texas Express 8 ball rules

Weber

Registered
I making a trip out west and a local pool has a tournament going on.

On the flyer they state APA handicaps for the races, and then state Texas Express 8 ball rules. What are the main rules that would apply here compared to APA and BCA?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
AFAIK Texas Express refers to 9-ball as we know it for the last 25 years. Perhaps it was Express 8-ball? That's where you rack 8-ball in a 9-ball diamond with 4 stripes & 4 solids and 8 goes in the middle. Main difference between APA and BCA rule set is making the 8-ball on the break. It would be a win under APA scoring, whereas BCA would be a choice of spot or re-rack.

Last edited:

Weber

Registered
I know the difference between APA and BCA as I have played both, but was asking them compared to Texas Express 8 ball. The flyer clearly states Texas express 8 ball, quick google search showed others asking the same thing but with no clear answer other than it older rules.

I have heard the term before, but never seen actual rules for 8 ball, only 9 ball.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Texas express rules are to speed up the game and keep viewers eyes to the game, no call pocket and there is a three foul rule usually in place.

Rob.M