Thank You Mark Griffin re: USBTC Reno!

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
As most of you know, I made a thread trying to get help entering the USBTC in Reno.

Well, I want to give a big thank you to Mark Griffin for coming through for me. Mark called me and told me he may be able to get my entrance fees waived if I was willing to get there a day early and help out with setting up the tournament (moving tables in and whatnot). He said "no promises", as he still had to talk to Ric Jones about the idea and see if it was a possibility. Well he did, and Ric gave me a call last Thursday saying that if I could be there Sunday to help move everything in, and clean tables/balls during the tournament, they would waive my entrance fees. I am blessed.

But, here comes the sad part. I caught a virus that's been going around last Monday, and had to take a couple days off work to recover. Unfortunately after finding out Thursday that everything was in fact a go, it was too late for me to request the time off work and still have a job when I returned (especially after just taking a couple days off). Sadly, I am unable to make it. Needless to say I'm a little heartbroken, but everything happens for a reason I suppose. I'm just honored and humbled to be able to say that someone of Mark's stature reached out to help me, even though I'm not able to take advantage of it. Mark, you are a good man, and I am more appreciative of your and Ric's gesture than you will ever know. I'll never forget this. This has been a great experience even with the sad ending.

With all the negativity that seems to engulf the pool world, there is still a lot of positivity out there. There are still good people willing to help each other out. I like to believe that the pool world is a close-knit community, and I think this proves it.

THANK YOU MARK GRIFFIN AND RIC JONES! You guys are amazing!

I wanted to share this experience with everyone, in the hopes that it may inspire someone somewhere out there. I know I'm inspired by all that has transpired from my thread. I know that I will definitely be paying the compassion and good-heartedness I have experienced forward, and I hope this inspires others to do the same. Thank you everyone for your support, and especially those of you that stepped up to the plate. I'll never forget this.

Leland Baxter
 
Too bad it worked out that way.

Stand up of you to come here and tell everyone. WAY cool of Mark and Ric in the first place.

Hope you're better soon.
 
Thank you. I'm fine now, went back to work yesterday, just bummed out. That's ok though. I can still honestly say that this has been a good experience, even if the ending wasn't so good.
 
Back
Top