Thank You, OB Cues!

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently, I sent a couple shafts back to OB for warranty replacement. I've heard nightmare stories from other pool players when they've sent their cues/shafts back to other companies (not OB). Needless to say, I was more than curious to see how my experience would pan out. Let me just say that OB was a pleasure to deal with. They fully warrantied the cracked shafts without any hesitation or argument. And, they were very fast!

Now, I'm not saying other companies are bad about standing behind their product, because I don't have any direct experience with other companies. Nor am I saying that when a pool player abuses their cue it's a "defect" that the company should warranty. I'm simply saying that in my case, OB was awesome.

They even went above and beyond. I made no attempt to hide the fact that both shafts were blanks that I finished to custom match two different cues. I fully expected to receive two unfinished blanks back from OB. Lo and behold, I received 2 FINISHED shafts back, with perfectly matching ring work.

Royce, Shane, David, and anyone else at OB that I'm missing: Good job, and keep it up. Not only will I continue to sell your great product, but I will also let my customers know about your excellent customer service!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Royce, Shane and company are a class act... I have yet to hear a horror story about their customer service and they continue to push the edge bringing to the industry cool new stuff and it is made right here in the good old USA....

I am actually hoping to make it to Hopkins to see the new designs and learn about the new inlay processes they have developed... Don't get me wrong... There are tons of great cuemakers out there that build quality products.. But bang for the buck... I'll bet on OB all day long.....

Chris

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have to send a shaft back to them [going on two months of procrastination] but they were very helpful on the phone and were pretty open about finding a remedy for the issue I have. Glad things went so well for you. Losing one shaft is bad enough but two must have been tough.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I have an OB2 I use on my Josey I bought off of another member on here that was made for a Josey and the ringwork has actually popped and part of the ring cracked.

It really doesn't bother me at all but I'm wondering if something like this would be covered by the warranty.

Overall I absolutely love the shaft and plan on getting more stuff from OB cues.

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, sorry, custom ring work is the the responsibility of the cue maker. Had the rings been factory OB work, I'd bet they would cover it.