The Hard Rock, "Where the hell are the people"?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just watching the tournament at the Hard Rock from a few weeks ago on one of the sports channels. I can't help but be shocked at the audience. I am not kidding, there can't be more then 40 people watching. Some of the camera angles there may be like 5 people in the shot. They should give the tickets away if they have to to get some people in front of the camera. Hire them if they have to. It is an embarrassment to the sport to show that on TV. It just reinforces the opinion that pool does not draw. What would a potential sponsor think if that was their first impression? I did notice Jack Justis in the audience though.
 
o yes

it was quite sad let me tell you I was there and maybe 50 people on the male's side watching. I couldn't believe it you had three former us open winners right there shane, gabe, and corey and no one really watching. What do you expect? Watching these guys play ten ball is about as exciting as watching paint dry to some people.
 
macguy said:
I am just watching the tournament at the Hard Rock from a few weeks ago on one of the sports channels. I can't help but be shocked at the audience. I am not kidding, there can't be more then 40 people watching. Some of the camera angles there may be like 5 people in the shot. They should give the tickets away if they have to to get some people in front of the camera. Hire them if they have to. It is an embarrassment to the sport to show that on TV. It just reinforces the opinion that pool does not draw. What would a potential sponsor think if that was their first impression? I did notice Jack Justis in the audience though.

Alot of the locals from Hollywood Billiards were there to support, including myself. Not many people like to "watch" pool. Alot more people will watch gambling rather than a tournament, there were probably more people at Hollywood to see the ACTION than were at the tournament.
 
FSutton said:
it was quite sad let me tell you I was there and maybe 50 people on the male's side watching. I couldn't believe it you had three former us open winners right there shane, gabe, and corey and no one really watching. What do you expect? Watching these guys play ten ball is about as exciting as watching paint dry to some people.

Get back to work.:D
 
jasonlaus said:
Alot of the locals from Hollywood Billiards were there to support, including myself. Not many people like to "watch" pool. Alot more people will watch gambling rather than a tournament, there were probably more people at Hollywood to see the ACTION than were at the tournament.

What was the admission? Was there any promotion for the tournament at all? It almost seems like they don't even care.
 
One of the things I've noticed about pool rooms is that there really isn't any good spectator seating. If ya can't see whats going on, why go?
 
Back
Top