the match I'm the most proud of

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a happy story today.

Today was the first time I entered a Pro/open event for the experience (no hopes of winning the event because I'm far from the caliber...in our system C-B-A-AA-AAA-Semi Pro-Pro....Im halfway to become AA). I had a lift to go there from my friend/teacher/coach Danny Hewitt. I feel privilieged to have a friend of his stature in the world of pool and outside. We had practiced together yesterday for today's tournament and I wasn't playing that good but today as faith would have it I drew him first round!!!

I won the lag and a common friend that we have on the side tells me jokingly that its about the only thing I'll win. I gave everything I had and I ultimately lost 11-8 against my teacher, I could have tied it up 9-9 at some point but I choked on the 6 and he went on 10-8 and 11-8. I was so proud of myself even though I lost that I got to finish with a nice score against the guy who showed how to do a stop shot.

I was dizzy after the game, I lost 9-3 against a AAA..he was playing good and everytime I had an opportunity on the 7-8-9, I choked because I think I gave it all and had nothing left

Just a really happy jimbojim!
 
Good luck

Jimbojim said:
I have a happy story today.

Today was the first time I entered a Pro/open event for the experience (no hopes of winning the event because I'm far from the caliber...in our system C-B-A-AA-AAA-Semi Pro-Pro....Im halfway to become AA). I had a lift to go there from my friend/teacher/coach Danny Hewitt. I feel privilieged to have a friend of his stature in the world of pool and outside. We had practiced together yesterday for today's tournament and I wasn't playing that good but today as faith would have it I drew him first round!!!

I won the lag and a common friend that we have on the side tells me jokingly that its about the only thing I'll win. I gave everything I had and I ultimately lost 11-8 against my teacher, I could have tied it up 9-9 at some point but I choked on the 6 and he went on 10-8 and 11-8. I was so proud of myself even though I lost that I got to finish with a nice score against the guy who showed how to do a stop shot.

I was dizzy after the game, I lost 9-3 against a AAA..he was playing good and everytime I had an opportunity on the 7-8-9, I choked because I think I gave it all and had nothing left
Just a really happy jimbojim!



Good stuff.....there will be more of this day........Danny is a very nice player ........
Good luck in the next one
 
If your hanging in there against players that you feel are better or more experienced than you are your on the right track. Keep going after the better players and eventually, you'll relax, and feel more confident playing them. You also need to win once in awhile, like you did on Sunday. It's good for your confidence. The key shot your facing doesn't know whether your playing a great player or a easy opponent. Why treat the shot any different? Relax, the only person that really chokes is the person that, should play in the tournament, and doesn't.

I played a lot of great players from Canada. I hope there still living and playing well.
 
Back
Top