The Right Way to Practice

miko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooladdict said:
Thanks miko

1. I suppose its optional to put the QB behind the line - you could leave it where it is?

forgot to mention that earlier, yes u have the option of playing where the cueball is

2. Your last sentence: If there is no foul, how can a ball be spotted? You don't call the balls and pockets, do you?

for example, u dont have a shot on the legal OB and no option for kick or jump. You can have the ball spotted and give the turn to your opponent. He has to shoot the spotted OB from behind the line. This can also be used as a tactic when there is already a ball on the spot, then the legal OB should be put behind the ball on the spot and make your opponent shoot a difficult shot. No, u don't have to call the balls and pockets although some people do this in money matches to avoid slopping.

3. If question 1 is YES, in those cases where QB in hand for your opponent behind the line offers him no real reward, and you know you can't hit the OB from you current position - at least not without a high probability of selling out - what are the normal tactical options? Pushing the QB closer to the OB - giving him half a chance if he plays from that position? Other?

you call a spot and give the turn to your opponent who has to shoot from behind the line with the OB being spotted.

Hope u understand my explanations. :D

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question. I haven't played 15 ball rotation in a long time but it's my recollection that when you are hooked and you miss hitting the object ball with a legal kick, the opponent has the choice to make you shoot again or he/she can take the shot. Pretty similar to a push-out in 9 ball. Is this still the way it's played?

L

locki

fast larry said:
Hi, this is fast, I agree, this is why I also play rotation every day. This is how I made my high run in it, 4 racks, 60 balls, playing it every day.
This is why your people dominate ours, you play rotation every day and we are only playing the short rack version.
9 ball is rotation, with 6 less balls on the table. Every one would become better players if they learned how to play Rotation and l4.1 and played 4 games every day, those two with 8 and 9 ball.
When I came up, we were playing Snooker and 3 cushion also every day and most of us had 6 or 7 games down pat. The more you know, the better you play. Fast Larry:D

actually, when im playing with another player, the games we play reach over 10 games...:D

we play 3 hours a day in pool halls, but we dont play per hour, we play per game.
and oh, before i forget, the reason why we can practice more is because playing pool here is cheap.

a game of 15 balls costs only 10 pesos, around .18 $
while an hour of play is only 80 pesos, some offer 60 pesos. and some even 50...(1.6,1.09,0.91 $ respectively)

miko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rickw said:
I have a question. I haven't played 15 ball rotation in a long time but it's my recollection that when you are hooked and you miss hitting the object ball with a legal kick, the opponent has the choice to make you shoot again or he/she can take the shot. Pretty similar to a push-out in 9 ball. Is this still the way it's played?

if you failed to make a legal hit, your opponent has the option of taking the shot from where the cueball stopped or he can have the OB spotted and shoot it from behind the line.

miko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
locki said:
actually, when im playing with another player, the games we play reach over 10 games...:D

we play 3 hours a day in pool halls, but we dont play per hour, we play per game.
and oh, before i forget, the reason why we can practice more is because playing pool here is cheap.

a game of 15 balls costs only 10 pesos, around .18 $
while an hour of play is only 80 pesos, some offer 60 pesos. and some even 50...(1.6,1.09,0.91 $ respectively)

the per hour rate also depends on the kind of pool hall. There are pool halls that charge as much as 240 pesos i think, those are the halls that uses GCs and fast cloth. Although that would still be considered cheap compared to other countries

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Miko, thanks a lot for your replies. You clearified the issue very well.

In my opinion, the best way of learning is sharing experiences and watch better players. If all pool players / members of this forum should have to bury their noses in a book each time they have a question, this forum would loose a pretty important dimension.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fast larry said:
[B The BCA rule book has all of the games in the back including Rotation, it's the classic rule book. Every player should own it. My pat answer is look it up your self, or go buy the book.
Let me later post a cool game on Rotation you all can use. Larry [/B]

Where do you get the BCA rule book? I would like to get one.

Laura