Pool tie-in?
Of course it’s about the grip. On the butt of the cue.
But let’s begin our journey with that other grip -- the one near the tip of the cue.
It seems to me -- and I may well be completely mistaken about this -- that more players are using an open bridge? On more shots?
It does make sense … easier on the nails!
Back to the butt ... before I finally admitted that I had no talent for the game, I had contracted with a pool instructor. (Sad story short -- it didn’t work out; he fired me during my first lesson for over-chatting with my girlfriends. At the time I considered him rather boorish. Since then … well, I should have been paying more attention. After all, I was paying to pay attention.)
One thing I remember … he pointed out how I talon-gripped the cue stick handle way too firmly.
I’m still surprised at the gentleness of how so many of the top players hilt-cradle the cue. However ... on the break -- in bang-bang games -- does the back hand suddenly tight-clench? Perhaps at the last nano-second? Or, perhaps, earlier?
To bottles -- and the opening thereof -- boyfriends can be ever so convenient. I used to have one, so I should know from that!
Example?
A recalcitrant bottle of tonic or seltzer. Now, I’m not the ‘gasp!-this-is-too-hard-to-twist-open’ type of twist. But … why struggle? Hand it off to the … well, to the boy. It’s his job, no?
Yet, circumstances change.
The discovery -- wOOt! wOOt! -- I made is that it’s not a matter of brute force. In fact, the more pressure I applied, grip-wise, the more bottle-frustration I triggered.
Perhaps all of you already know this? The trick, the technique, is to concentrate on the swirling motion. Forget the pressure … no matter how upset you may become at that -- grr! -- bottle cap.
Simply, and smoothly, imagine that casual turning of the wrist … and the subsequent and graceful spiral-freeing that separates the top from the bottom. (No, you nits, we’re not talking pole dancers! Gomers!)
Remedial education is my life,
Sunny
P. S. Bonus tip! Apprehensive that those leftover croutons from your take-home salads might go mushy on you? Ziplock them overnight. In a cupboard. Crunch!
You’re most welcome!
Of course it’s about the grip. On the butt of the cue.
But let’s begin our journey with that other grip -- the one near the tip of the cue.
It seems to me -- and I may well be completely mistaken about this -- that more players are using an open bridge? On more shots?
It does make sense … easier on the nails!
Back to the butt ... before I finally admitted that I had no talent for the game, I had contracted with a pool instructor. (Sad story short -- it didn’t work out; he fired me during my first lesson for over-chatting with my girlfriends. At the time I considered him rather boorish. Since then … well, I should have been paying more attention. After all, I was paying to pay attention.)
One thing I remember … he pointed out how I talon-gripped the cue stick handle way too firmly.
I’m still surprised at the gentleness of how so many of the top players hilt-cradle the cue. However ... on the break -- in bang-bang games -- does the back hand suddenly tight-clench? Perhaps at the last nano-second? Or, perhaps, earlier?
To bottles -- and the opening thereof -- boyfriends can be ever so convenient. I used to have one, so I should know from that!
Example?
A recalcitrant bottle of tonic or seltzer. Now, I’m not the ‘gasp!-this-is-too-hard-to-twist-open’ type of twist. But … why struggle? Hand it off to the … well, to the boy. It’s his job, no?
Yet, circumstances change.
The discovery -- wOOt! wOOt! -- I made is that it’s not a matter of brute force. In fact, the more pressure I applied, grip-wise, the more bottle-frustration I triggered.
Perhaps all of you already know this? The trick, the technique, is to concentrate on the swirling motion. Forget the pressure … no matter how upset you may become at that -- grr! -- bottle cap.
Simply, and smoothly, imagine that casual turning of the wrist … and the subsequent and graceful spiral-freeing that separates the top from the bottom. (No, you nits, we’re not talking pole dancers! Gomers!)
Remedial education is my life,
Sunny
P. S. Bonus tip! Apprehensive that those leftover croutons from your take-home salads might go mushy on you? Ziplock them overnight. In a cupboard. Crunch!
You’re most welcome!