This is going to be my next restoration project

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick update on the snooker table. Tony Crosby just left my place and believes the table to be a Robertsons table. He said it's actually a decent table. I'm having him assemble it for me and rebuild the rails on my Gandy Pro at the same time. So by this time next week I should be playing snooker on it!

I'm going to hold off putting new cloth on it until I find time to frame in another room for it. The heat and humidity will be too much for it at this point. And the ugly red cloth on it now is already Simonis 860.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another small update. Snooker table is in and probably needs it's own room. Too damn hot to play without A/C

I went ahead and gave my 54 year old Gandy a much needed facelift more fitting for the room it's in. Rebuilt the rails to better than new condition and it is now my favorite table to shoot on. Plays incredibly well. I'm also toying with enclosing the bottom half of the table with some kind of steampunk industrial looking base.

The octagonal bumper pool table / poker table plays like shit. So I'm just going to keep it for a poker table. Just ordered a proper "slate" bumper table to replace it with. The other one had a wood based table and dead rails.

Here are a couple of picks.

Attachments

• Gandy2-01.jpg
    Gandy2-01.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Gandy2-02.jpg
    Gandy2-02.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Gandy2-06.jpg
    Gandy2-06.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 188
  • Gandy2-07.jpg
    Gandy2-07.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 188
  • Robertson snooker.jpg
    Robertson snooker.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couple of more

Attachments

• Robertson snooker-02.jpg
    Robertson snooker-02.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Slate bumper table.jpg
    Slate bumper table.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 186

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Time to expand your playing area, sir....
...pretty sure it’s a 7x14

25489FCE-CD98-4AB8-819D-9D4A96AE45CF.jpeg

Tables this size could be found in NYC sometime in the 1800s

enrocc

Registered
Please don't ever stop updating your room or this thread. I'm 100% with you in that I would totally build myself a nice apartment in the shed and rent out the 'main' house to pay the mortgage and live under the roof with the man cave. My god-- GREAT WORK.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm contemplating turning the snooker table room into a proper English pub theme. The next bay over may end up a tropical beach theme with a tiki bar, beach, palm trees, hammock, etc. tetherball would be cool.

And the next space past the oasis could we an old west saloon bar theme. I've been thinking a lot about these future expansion ideas. If I'm lucky enough to live another twenty years I just might finish it all 😉

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only ever played bumper pool in college back in the 70s. Met a guy from Memphis who was damn good at it. Taught me the game and I got to where I could almost hang with him. I know we always ran 3-4 balls before someone missed.

Now I’m wishing there was room for one in our new gameroom!