Thread sizes for weight bolts.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing repairs and changes to different model cues. I need to know the different thread sizes for various cues.I.E. 5/16 - 20 etc. Anyone have a list
of Meucci, McDermott, Schon, Omen, and a bunch of others? Thanks a million in advance.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Seybert’s web site. Their list may not be complete, but it’s a start.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing repairs and changes to different model cues. I need to know the different thread sizes for various cues.I.E. 5/16 - 20 etc. Anyone have a list
of Meucci, McDermott, Schon, Omen, and a bunch of others? Thanks a million in advance.
pretty sure 5/16-20 won't be one of them

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
pretty sure 5/16-20 won't be one of them
A little off topic ... the other day I was making a handle for a threaded thingy ... tried to determine the thread ... looked like 20tpi according to one gage, and was about 5/16 major diameter ... but of course no 5/16 - 20 ! Turned out to be M8-1.25. (0.314" x 20.32 tpi is close enough to fool me for a while).

Dave

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little off topic ... the other day I was making a handle for a threaded thingy ... tried to determine the thread ... looked like 20tpi according to one gage, and was about 5/16 major diameter ... but of course no 5/16 - 20 ! Turned out to be M8-1.25. (0.314" x 20.32 tpi is close enough to fool me for a while).

Dave
I can see that,,,,,,,, was the repair for a snooker cue by chance? Those generally tend to use more metric threads.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I can see that,,,,,,,, was the repair for a snooker cue by chance? Those generally tend to use more metric threads.
No, a magnifying glass :)

Dave <-- not a cuemaker but recently made a nice muddler out of an old full splice house cue ... hand rubbed food-grade mineral oil finish :)